CrossFit Head Coach
HealthFitness is looking for a CrossFit Head Coach to join the Recreation Team at our MIT client site in Cambridge, MA. In this position, you will conduct the programming and instruction of the Cross Training Program at MIT Recreation. You will complete progressive programming for the duration of each quarterly cross training program with approval from Assistant Director of Fitness & Performance. You will coach and instruct 5-20 individuals according to programming formed, educate participants on progression of universal movement patterns by varying load, distance, and speed, as well as guide participants in understanding safety and enhancing efficacy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide group instruction (5-20 participants) with focus on functional training, safety, and building community.
- Provide instruction each quarter for one 1-2 sessions, falling either on Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Tuesday and Thursday.
- Develop and program for all class sessions to administer a comprehensive cross training program. Including but is not limited to strength, power, cardiovascular endurance, agility, and flexibility.
- Instructor should be comfortable incorporating Olympic Weightlifting, gymnastic movements, strongman movements and high intensity interval training.
- Educate and develop individual competency of physical tasks performed during each session.
- Remain up to date on all COVID testing requirements and protocols, as described upon interviewing.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
- Current CrossFit Level 1 or higher certification.
- Current AED/CPR/First Aid certifications from either American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology, or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum one year of Personal Training or CrossFit Coaching experience.
- Proficient at fitness assessments.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to personalize participant programs to meet individual needs and maintain a positive experience for the group, in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Strong documentation skills.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.