Wellness Program Manager
Management - Wellness
HealthFitness has a new opportunity for a Wellness Program Manager at our client site located in Greenville, SC. In this role, you will be responsible for the development, planning, implementation, delivery and evaluation of outcomes based programs and interventions for large client health promotion programs; driving participation, engagement, outcomes and customer satisfaction in the delivery of programs and services. You will also manage and direct all operational aspects of on-site fitness programs. You will be responsible for contract compliance; development of and adherence to the strategic business plan; staff supervision, training and development; design and facilitation of a variety of health & fitness programs; and various administrative duties including developing outcomes focused management reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with HealthFitness policies, procedures and applicable laws including recruiting, orienting, training, evaluating, developing and planning the succession of associates. Plans, assigns and directs work assignments to ensure staff remain challenged and productivity is maximized; provides training and development opportunities to promote and encourage career growth.
- Ensures all staff is properly trained and hold appropriate certifications necessary for safe and effective program delivery; provides continuous feedback and coaching to all program staff to ensure quality of all programs and services being delivered. Conducts formal performance appraisals on an annual basis and initiates formal corrective action process when warranted.
- Leads regular individual and group staff meetings to ensure associates are informed about HealthFitness, client and program events, initiatives and status.
- Submits employment forms, payroll records and billing worksheets accurately and according to contract provisions and HealthFitness policies.
- Ensures contract compliance. Manages client relationship to ensure that high customer satisfaction is maintained and HealthFitness value is reinforced.
- Develops and implements the yearly strategic business plan to identify contract deliverables, program/ service offerings and initiatives, targeted outcomes and marketing strategy to meet client objectives.
- Prepares and manages operating budget. Ensures expenditures are made in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Manages the development of outcomes focused programs to meet client objectives; interfaces with client company management and peripheral departments as appropriate to assess client needs and identify HealthFitness programming solutions.
- Tracks participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results; creates outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
- Directs the implementation of fitness center based individual and group fitness programs, health education activities, motivational programs and special events; coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Corporate support as appropriate. General oversight and management of Fitness Center(s) operations.
- Manages all fitness center program activities in accordance with HealthFitness operational, quality, safety and service standards.
- Coordinates planning and delivery of the Client program throughout the entire organization in collaboration with corporate and site stakeholders; ensures full integration of program throughout all lines of Client business (e.g. Health and Safety, Benefits).
- Manage a Champion Network, develop, recruit, train, engage and communicate.
- Designs and develops outcomes focused programs and interventions including data collection and evaluation process; delivers personalized services and other programs to participants as applicable.
- Coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Corporate support as appropriate.
- Assesses effectiveness of current health education interventions and enhance delivery methods to reach all segments of the population with greater impact on outcome results.
- Maintains accurate records and ensures confidentiality of data collected during health assessment and health promotion/membership activities in accordance with HealthFitness requirements, including if applicable file transfer, processes, collaborating with related suppliers and/or storage.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience.
- Minimum 3+ years related industry experience, including program management in a health plan, health improvement or related environment.
- Minimum 2+ years Supervisory experience.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise Instructor certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, or NETA required within the first 6 months of hire.
- Current First Aid, CPR and AED certifications through the American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Strong leadership, team management, interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Ability to travel up to 25% including overnight stays.
- CHES, ACSM, and other fitness certifications.
- Ability to teach a variety of group exercise class formats.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran