Swim Instructor (part-time)
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Part-Time
HealthFitness is looking for part-time (5-15 hours/week) Swim Instructors to be an integral part of our Aquatics team at our new client site in Burlington, WI. In this position, you will inspire members through movement, community, and personal attention while leading aquatic classes and ensuring participant safety. Available Hours: Mon & Wed evenings and Saturday morning group lessons plus private lesson availability and/or assistant swim coach.
Associate benefits: complimentary club membership and discounts on products and services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate sound leadership, professionalism, resilience, and optimism.
- Develop and maintain aquatic areas to promote an enjoyable experience.
- Committing to department responsibilities and work effectively within a team environment.
- Leading aquatics classes and ensuring participant safety.
- Demonstrating proper swim instruction to members.
- Planning, scheduling and implementing aquatic fitness programs and swim lessons.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Current WSI certification from American Red Cross or equivalent work experience.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Competitive swimming background or competitive swim coach experience.
- Possess ability to provide multisensory instruction: auditory, visual, tactile, kinesthetic.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver information clearly, concisely, and timely.
- Exhibit patience and are friendly and outgoing.
- Are highly organized, energetic, and can multi-task.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.