Health Fitness Professional
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Full-Time
If you are inspired by empowering others to reach their wellness goals, we want to hear from you! HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a Health Fitness Professional at our client location in Lake Forest, IL! In this position, you will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and/or delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will be responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
**Position will be primarily in-person on site, but may include some virtual shifts. Hours are Monday through Friday; 5:15am-1:45pm, 11am-7:30pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction onsite and virtually; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Coordinates and leads a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments onsite and virtually and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the participant’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate participant educational materials; conducts health education seminars/webinars.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new participants; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters, Microsoft Teams posts, and other marketing & communication materials.
- Coordinates internship program; oversees the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of student interns.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Associate/Bachelor Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline OR HealthFitness recognized industry certifications in Group Exercise (ACE, AFAA, or NETA) and/or Personal Training (ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, or ACSM) and 2+ years related industry experience.
- Personal Training industry certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA, or NASM (required within 6 months of hire).
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands including project coordination.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Comfort in public speaking/presenting (in-person and/or virtually).
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification.
- 1+ years related experience.
- Experience in social media, marketing/engagement.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.