Health Fitness Professional
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Full-Time
If you have a passion for empowering others in their journey to better health, we'd love to hear from you! HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a full-time (30 hours/week) Health Fitness Professional that will initially start working from a home office delivering virtual programming. Upon the site re-opening, you will be required to work at our client site located in West Greenwich, RI delivering both in-person and virtual programming.
You will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and deliver health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will provide individual and group exercise instruction along with personal training, fitness assessments, exercise prescriptions, and orientations. You may also assist with or coordinate various health and fitness program offerings.
This position has a fixed schedule: 10 a.m.-4:20 p.m. Monday through Friday. (Position will increase to 40 hours/week once the site reopens.)
What you will be doing:
- Engage members to enroll in Fusionetics, cultivate member relationships and monitor safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Open/close facility and maintain safety and cleanliness of the facility.
- Administrative duties such as managing PHI and payments for personal training.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of Site Specific and Global worksite wellness initiatives that satisfies and elevates the Amgen account with program-specific to health improvement programs & promotions.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of Site Specific and Global worksite wellness initiatives that that elevate HealthFitness inc with program-specific to health improvement programs & promotions.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation, re-engage inactive members and acquire new members.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
What you bring with you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.) or 2+ years’ fitness and wellness industry experience, along with fitness industry certification(s) from a HealthFitness approved provider.
- Industry recognized group exercise/fitness instructor certification from AFAA, ACSM, ACE, NASM or NETA; if not current, will be required within 60-90 days of hire.
- CPR/AED certification through American Heart Association, Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Experience instructing group exercise classes (step, hi/lo, spin, kickboxing, Zumba, yoga, etc.).
- Experience with creating and editing program promotions/marketing.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Designated professional workspace with access to tools to deliver virtual programming including WiFi and strong virtual skills.
- Ability to learn and teach virtually and electronically.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
- Experience instructing virtual group exercise classes.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 800-636-3304 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.