Personal Trainer (part-time)
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Part-Time
HealthFitness has new opportunities for part-time (5-15 hrs/wk) Personal Trainers to join our Recreation team at our MIT client site in Cambridge, MA. In this position, you will be responsible for conducting fitness testing and assessments, advising participants of results, providing one-on-one personal training to members participating in the program, and educating them about the fundamentals of strength and cardiovascular training, as well as the proper and safe use of applicable equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing one-on-one and/or buddy personal training.
- Provide a detailed orientation that addresses the aerobic, strength and flexibility components of the exercise program.
- Educate about the fundamentals of strength and aerobic training, as well as the proper and safe use of equipment.
- Remain up to date on all COVID testing requirements and protocols, as described upon interviewing.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Current Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM or NSCA.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology, or related discipline.
- At least one year of Personal Training experience.
- Proficient at fitness assessments.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to personalize participant programs to meet individual needs in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Strong documentation skills.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.