Swim Instructor (part-time)
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Part-Time
MIT Recreation, managed by HealthFitness, has a great new opportunity for part-time (up to 19 hrs/wk) Swim Instructors in Cambridge, MA. MIT is proud to host two aquatic facilities which include a 50 meter Olympic-size pool and two six-lane 25-yard pools. In this position, you will work with swimmers of all ages and ability levels, towards the goal of developing swimming and safety skills, in a positive environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Come prepared to instruct in a safe conscious manner, following the program philosophy.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times while at work, whether in the Fitness and Aquatic Facility or on the MIT Campus.
- Carry out additional duties assigned by the Aquatic Management.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Current American Red Cross certifications: First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and WSI preferred within 30 days. Comparable certification or extensive experience will be considered.
- Willingness to obtain Red Cross WSI Certification after hiring.
- At least one year of experience teaching swimming strongly preferred.
- Experience in teaching both adults and children preferred.
- Please be advised that the client site in which this position is located does require periodic COVID-19 testing performed onsite and at no cost to you. Employment at this location will be contingent upon your adherence to this testing requirement.
- This site requires a COVID-19 vaccination for all associates. Proof of vaccination will be a condition of employment.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.