Member Services Front Desk Attendant (part-time)
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Part-Time
HealthFitness is looking for individuals who are passionate about customer service to join our Recreation team on-campus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts! As a part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) Front Desk Attendant, you will be responsible for delivering professional and positive customer service experiences at the Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center and/or the Alumni Pool and Wang Fitness Center for MIT’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education, and Recreation. You will assist patrons with membership transactions, program registrations, private lessons sales and act as a knowledgeable resource for member questions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Supervisor/Point of Contact in opening or closing tasks related to the main desk.
- Use Club Automation software to process registrations for guest passes, programs, private and group instruction, memberships and lockers.
- Assist with the daily organization, data entry and processing of membership files.
- Enforces building entrance policies.
- Enhances the lives of our community by demonstrating the type of behavior and decision-making skills that are in line with our quality standards (Safety, Approachability, Knowledge).
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- This site requires a COVID-19 vaccination for all associates. Proof of vaccination will be a condition of employment.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Current CPR/AED and first aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross, or American Safety & Health Institute, or the ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- 2+ years of front-line customer service experience preferred.
- 1+ years of experience as a cashier, point of sale responsibilities preferred.
- Please be advised that the client site in which this position is located does require periodic COVID-19 testing performed onsite and at no cost to you. Employment at this location will be contingent upon your adherence to this testing requirement.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.
key words: aquatics, recreation, fitness, athletics, customer service