Swim Instructor (part-time)
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Part-Time
HealthFitness has an exciting new opportunity for part-time (up to 20 hours per week, as needed) Swim Instructors at the Yukon Kuskoswim Fitness Center located in Bethel, AK! The goal of the YKFC is to help individuals in the YK Delta to develop swimming and water safety skills. Based on training and experience, Swim Instructors will be responsible for teaching swimming and swim safety to swimmers of varying ages and abilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain safety of students at all times by administering and following aquatic center guidelines.
- Provide swim instruction based on a logical progression of aquatic development.
- Maintain neatness by returning all instructional items to designated storage spaces at the end of class.
- Maintain appropriate paperwork including class rosters, daily lesson plans, attendance, and course completion cards.
- Deliver quality swim lessons by maximizing class time, and being in the water as needed based on class level.
- Responsible for attending all in-services and scheduled meetings.
- May be asked to assist with special programs and fundraisers throughout the facility.
- Carry out additional duties assigned by Facility Management.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Previous experience instructing swim lessons preferred.
- Current WSI certification preferred.
- Current CPR-Pro and first aid certifications preferred.
- Previous swimming background strongly preferred.
- Must have effective communication skills and able to relate and communicate with people of all ages.
- Must have an understanding of strokes and/or techniques in the assigned area of instruction.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.