Member Services Manager on Duty (part-time)
HealthFitness has a new opportunity for a part-time (8-10 hours per week) Member Services Manager on Duty available at the MIT Recreation department on campus in Cambridge, MA. In this role, you will be the main point of contact for MIT Recreation while on duty and will be primarily responsible for assisting all frontline Member Services employees during operational hours. You will also be focused on maintaining a high level of security and integrity within our facilities.
This is a part-time position that works primarily daytime, evenings and weekends (Saturday morning/evening and Sunday mornings). Shifts during holidays will be minimal.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists frontline desk staff during operational hours to ensure that quality customer service is delivered and Member Services operations are performed according to standard operating procedures.
- Assists with all member service desk administration and processes, answering phones, and processing membership enrollments.
- Monitors facility security cameras located throughout the DAPER Main Complex and A/W Complex and responds appropriately to all incidents and completes reports through Connect2 Software.
- Submits facility work orders to the MIT Department of Facilities as necessary. Follows up on outstanding work orders not completed in a timely manner.
- Responds to all emergency exit and panic alarms. Contacts emergency personnel when necessary.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Current CPR/AED and first aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross, or American Safety & Health Institute, or the ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- 2+ years of front-line customer service experience preferred.
- 1+ years of experience as a cashier, point of sale responsibilities preferred.
- Please be advised that the client site in which this position is located does require periodic COVID-19 testing performed onsite and at no cost to you. Employment at this location will be contingent upon your adherence to this testing requirement.
- This site requires a COVID-19 vaccination for all associates. Proof of vaccination will be a condition of employment.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.
key words: aquatics, recreation, fitness, athletics, customer service