Fitness Operations Manager
Management - Fitness
Health Fitness is looking for a skilled and highly motivated individual to join our team as the new Fitness and Operations Manager located at the Yukon Kuskokwim Fitness Center in Bethel, AK. This individual will have an opportunity to influence the growth and development of fitness and wellness within our community. Responsibilities include fitness program development and management, assisting with facility management and operations, providing excellent customer service, and serving as a part of the facility Safety Team.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping others improve their lives through fitness, health, and wellness as well as the commitment and operational skills to provide safe services in a clean well-maintained facility. We are looking for individuals with a flexible schedule and the ability to become a certified Lifeguard or have the skills to obtain Lifeguard certification within 90 days of hire in order to support the Safety Team.
Primary Job Accountabilities:
- Developing, implementing, and managing group fitness and personal training programs.
- Hiring and managing group fitness instructors and personal trainers.
- Working with Membership Manager to develop, market, and implement member incentive/retention and community engagement programs.
- Assist with maintenance and operations of the facility.
- Manage and direct facility attendant/custodial staff, ensuring facility cleanliness.
- Assist in coordinating preventative and routine facility maintenance.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance of fitness equipment.
- Maintain system of record keeping logs for fitness equipment and mechanical systems.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of building supplies and researching and purchasing replacement supplies and equipment.
- Providing personable, friendly assistance with membership registration, program enrollment and other services.
- Respond to injuries and/or incidents in the facility in a professional manner.
- Serve as part of the Facility Safety Team and provide backup lifeguard coverage as needed
- Other Duties as Assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education, certifications, and experience required.
- 3+ years of related industry experience with at least 1 year in supervisory roles required.
- Lifeguard certified or possess swim skills and ability to pass Lifeguard certification course within 90 days of hire.
- Hands on experience with preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of fitness equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative, and creativity.
- Operations Management experience preferred.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM or NETA preferred.
- Ability to teach a variety of group exercise class formats strongly preferred.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM preferred.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.