Health Fitness Professional (as-needed)
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> On-Call/Substitute
If you are inspired by empowering others to reach their fitness goals, we'd love to hear from you! HealthFitness has new opportunities for as-needed (# of hours depends on demand) Health Fitness Professionals at our client location in Malvern, PA. In this position, you will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and deliver health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will instruct group exercise classes; provide personal training; conduct fitness assessments, exercise prescriptions, and orientations; and provide fitness floor coverage and facility oversight. You may also assist with or coordinate various health and fitness program offerings.
What you will be doing:
- Supervise the floor to build member relationships and monitor safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Conduct health assessments, one on one exercise programming (personal training) and provide education to clients.
- Administrative duties such as managing PHI and payments for personal training.
- Open/close facility and maintain safety and cleanliness of the facility.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation, re-engage inactive members and acquire new members.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
What you bring with you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.) and/or 2+ years’ fitness and wellness industry experience, along with fitness industry certification(s) from a HealthFitness approved provider.
- Current CPR/AED certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA or NASM.
- Experience instructing group exercise classes (step, hi/lo, spin, kickboxing, Zumba, yoga, etc.).
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.