Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Part-Time
HealthFitness has flexible new Lifeguard opportunities available at our client's indoor community aquatics center located in West Hartford, Connecticut! This large community center provides a wide range of programs within the community; it houses three pools, a large aquatics program, and a fitness center! In this position, you will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring a safe and friendly environment for all of the aquatic facility members and guests in the community.
This is a part-time position, working approximately 10-20 hours per week. Multiple shifts available!
- Ensure the safety and well being of patrons using the aquatic facilities.
- Observe and enforce all rules and policies.
- Respond appropriately to any emergency situation.
- Coordinate a variety of promotions and programs within the aquatics program.
- Perform chemical testing and document results.
- Attend all required staff meetings and training.
- Maintain a professional attitude.
- Additional projects and duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- CPR/AED/first aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Lifeguard certification from American Red Cross or YMCA.
- Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
- Prior experience as a lifeguard in an aquatic facility.
- Experience in pool water testing and cleaning.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran