Health Fitness Professional
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Full-Time
If you are passionate about empowering others to reach their fitness goals, we'd love to hear from you! HealthFitness has a new opportunity for a Health Fitness Professional at our client location in Memphis, TN. In this position, you will coordinate, implement, and/or deliver health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities both in-person and virtually. You will be responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
What you will be doing:
- Supervises facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Coordinates and leads a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the participant’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate participant educational materials; conducts health education seminars/presentations.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new participants; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Projects and other duties are assigned.
- Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
What you bring with you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or other health related degree.
- 1+ years related experience.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED or BLS certification through the American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise Certification (required within 90 days of hire date).
- Personal Training requires industry certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA, or NASM (required within 90 days of hire date).
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to lead classes virtually and in-person; proficient with technology.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands including project coordination.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.