Swim Instructor (part-time)
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Part-Time
Are you passionate about swimming and teaching others to be strong swimmers? HealthFitness has flexible new opportunities for part-time (approximately 5-10 hours per week) Swim Instructors at our client's aquatics center located in West Hartford, CT. In this position, you will work with participants of various ages and ability levels through private and group swimming instruction. This is a progressive and high quality aquatics program with 3 pools that serves community members of all ages and abilities. We are in need of people who have a passion for the water and want to share that passion with others!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain safety of students at all times by administering and following aquatic center guidelines.
- Provide swim instruction based on a logical progression of aquatic development.
- Maintain neatness by returning all instructional items to designated storage spaces at the end of class.
- Maintain appropriate paperwork including class rosters, daily lesson plans, attendance, and course completion cards.
- Deliver quality swim lessons by maximizing class time, and being in the water as needed based on class level.
- Responsible for attending all in-services and scheduled meetings.
- May be asked to assist with special programs and fund raisers throughout the facility.
- Carry out additional duties assigned by Facility Management.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Current CPR-Pro and First Aid Certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Have effective communication skills and able to relate and communicate with people of all ages.
- Have an understanding of strokes and/or techniques in the assigned area of instruction.
- Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
- At least one year of instruction experience.
- Current WSI certification.
- Previous swimming background.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran