Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Full-Time
HealthFitness has unique full-time employment opportunities available to join our campus recreation team in Cambridge, Massachusetts! We are looking for full-time (40 hours per week, benefits eligible) Lifeguards within our aquatics program located on-campus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
This is a great opportunity for any aquatic professional looking to work in a fast-paced environment with a diverse community in one of New England’s finest aquatic venues. This premier program includes a 150,000-square-foot facility complete with an Olympic 50m pool, Instructional 25yd pool and a satellite facility with a 25yd lap pool and instructional pool. Additional features of the facilities include extensive fitness activity space housing cardiovascular and strength equipment, squash courts, multi-activity court and 3 additional athletic facilities housing multiple gymnasiums, an indoor track and ice rink, and more! Serving an eligible population of 15,000+, this program incorporates comprehensive aquatics, fitness, wellness and recreational programming across several facilities. Learn more about the program at http://bit.ly/2vWBunL.
There are morning and afternoon positions available. Must be available to work Saturday and Sunday shifts.
- Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun 1pm-9pm
- Mon, Tues, Fri 5:30am-1:30pm, Sat 7am-3pm, Sun 1pm-9pm
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor patrons using the facility.
- Enforce and explain rules as necessary.
- Respond appropriately to any emergency situation.
- Attend all required staff meetings and training.
- Maintain a professional attitude and complete any other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- A current Lifeguard certification from the American Red Cross.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from the American Red Cross.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Leadership skills required.
- Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
1 year of lifeguard experience in an aquatic facility is strongly preferred.
Prior supervisory experience.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.