Front Desk Attendant (part-time)
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Part-Time
HealthFitness is hiring part-time (5-15 hpw) Front Desk Attendants at our Harvard client site in Cambridge, MA. In this position, you will maintain a positive and upbeat attitude to provide outstanding customer service to all members and guests.
- Free gym membership (3 Facilities)
- Group exercise class access
- Discounted personal training rates
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting with opening/closing the facility (Malkin Athletic Center, Hemenway Gymnasium, QRAC).
- Providing patrons with information about memberships, facility questions, upcoming programs, classes, training sessions, policies/procedures, etc.
- Responsible for meeting the needs and answering the questions of the recreation center members. Respond positively to feedback and escalate complaints as needed.
- Responsible for the security of the building, including access control and facility doors.
- Enforcing the policies and procedures of the facility you are staffing.
- Responsible for handling all injuries/incidents that occur in the recreation center during their shift and filling out incident/accident reports. Contact offsite support staff as needed.
- Oversight of towel services, equipment cleaning tasks, lost & found, and processing credit/debit card transactions.
- Maintain the appearance of the fitness and locker rooms.
- Remain flexible and willing to adjust to updated policies and procedures.
- Attend trainings and meetings as scheduled. Check emails and respond to deliverable requests as needed.
- Ability to be on your feet for an extended period to maintain the cleanliness and safety of the facility.
- Keep all CPR/AED trainings current.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1+ years customer service experience required.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute required within 90 days of hire.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer and point of sale knowledge.
- Experience with InnoSoft Fusion recreation management software is a plus.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.