Sr. Data Scientist
- Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
- Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology
- Teamwork: A supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
- Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
- Benefits: Excellent health benefits, Matching 401K, and education reimbursement.
COVID-19: Candidates selected for potential hire must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to employment.
What you will do:
Our mission at Tracfone Wireless Inc. is to enrich the lives of millions of our customers across ten different brands including StraightTalk, TracFone, Total Wireless, Walmart Family Mobile, Simple Mobile, Net10, PagePlus, Go Smart and SafeLink. As a data scientist within the customer experience (CX) group you will have the responsibility to innovate, create and enhance the experience of our customers. You will use the state of the art in machine learning/deep-learning to build recommendation systems, build Natural Language Process (NLP) systems for Chabot, conduct geographical analysis of network experiences, identify ways to optimize our supply chain, and more using Big Data. You have the opportunity to shape the future of customer experience using your imagination and skills as a strong data scientist.
- Identify key business problems and formulate explorative analysis to validate business hypothesis quickly.
- Source, manipulate, cleanse and synthesis data at scale from disparate structured and unstructured data sources.
- Develop novel algorithms and solution to complex business problems.
- Present insights and recommendations to key stakeholders within the business.
- Operationalize the high quality code and jobs you develop to produce datasets, models and reports for production.
- Work collaboratively across different business functions, communicating complexity simply and effectively according to the audience.
- Plan, manage and execute on data science projects independently, albeit drawing upon the input and expertise from multiple stakeholders.
- Designs, innovates and test of data science solutions to enhance customer experience.
- Mentor and coaches other data scientists.
- Manage, lead and develop projects as part of the cross-functional team.
- Mentor and coach Junior members of the Data Science organization in technical and non-technical areas.
- Work with key internal stakeholders to translate business problems into data science use-cases, create execution plans, documentation and execute to deliver the solution.
- Support sprint planning and work break-down
- Address day-to-day technical issues and ensure the team develops high-quality solutions.
- Write blogs, present at workshops and conferences to support recruitment efforts and demonstrate industry leadership.
- Learn, grows and adapts to the rapidly evolving field within their discipline around data science.
- Creates a culture of ownership and innovation for business impact.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience as data scientist.
- 3+ years of experience with Python, R or similar statistical/machine learning software.
- 2+ years of experience with Big Data Distributed Computing (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, CUDA, MPI).
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau or similar BI and Visualization tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suits - Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong data wrangling, cleaning and transformation skills using SQL, Python, or other scripting languages.
- Good understanding of Agile software development practices like Kanban and SCRUM.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience with software development, continuous development/integration, and DevOps skills.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or Oracle Cloud services.
- Experience with Graphical Processing Units (GPUs) and CUDA programming.
- Experience with building chatbots, conversational agents or speech recognition.
- Experience with applying mathematical optimization to graph optimization problems.
Tracfone Wireless is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.