Database Platform Engineer II
Information Technology & Engineering
Who we are:
- Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
- Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology
- Teamwork:A supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
- Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
- Benefits: Excellent health benefits, Matching 401K, and education reimbursement.
- Company values: TRAC values fosters a work environment of: Trust, Respect, Accountability and Collaboration
COVID-19: Candidates selected for potential hire must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to employment.
What you will do:
- You will utilize their AWS cloud computing expertise to meet the needs of the business using cloud native tools. In addition, position will require development of data migration plans to migrate legacy on-premises databases into AWS data stores.
- Partner with full stack development teams to create databases in AWS using DevOps mindset and principles. Work on indexing, replicating, and performing disaster recovery services in AWS. Monitor system performance metrics to identify potential risks or issues.
- Support all aspects of AWS dbs and storage patterns that include, Aurora, RDS, Dynamo, Redshift, Document DB, as well as Oracle, Db2.
- Support the data migration to AWS. Present general knowledge of the collection, processing, and storage services in AWS.
- Perform additional support tasks and projects including creating support documentation, preventative maintenance of equipment and inventory of hardware/software.
- Database deployment automation on AWS using Terraform.
- Data movement and data replication between different data stores using Database Migration Service.
- Effectively communicate with management, business units and end users to document specifications for different kind of database processes.
- Monitor database usage and monitor system thresholds. Execute, monitor, and ensure successful completion of backups scripts and create backup strategies for cloud databases
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have 5+ years of Oracle database administrations experience in any of the following operating systems: RHEL/HP-UNIX/IBM-AIX/SUN-Solaris including Oracle Applications software installation and configuration.
- 2 years of experience in migrating and managing databases on AWS.
- Working knowledge of RHEL/AIX /UNIX/HP operating system, utilities, file system, kernel, memory management, security, and devices as they relate to the Oracle database.
- Hands on experience on Oracle Data Guard.
- Advanced shell script writing ability.
- Hands-on experience with PL/SQL programming. Demonstrated ability to write triggers and stored procedures
- Experience with IBM Change Data Capture is plus.
- Experience with PostgresSQL is a preferred.
- Experience with DB2 - UDB database administrations is plus.