Manager, Category Analysis & Modular Planning
Sales & Marketing
- Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
- Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology
- Teamwork: A supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
- Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
- Benefits: Excellent health benefits, Matching 401K, and education reimbursement
COVID-19: Candidates selected for potential hire must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to employment.
What you will do:
Our Sales team is currently seeking a Manager, Category Analysis & Modular Planning. The individual will be developing and executing category management initiatives via insightful analysis. In this role the individual will drive modular excellence for the No Contract Wireless Category for all TracFone Wireless brands at Walmart.
Manage Modular Relay Process & Creation: Own the modular development process from start to finish for handsets and airtime for all TracFone brands for Walmart stores and Neighborhood Markets and manage Walmart Postpaid Modular Relays.
- Coordinate modular development with Walmart Modular Planning personnel and Buyers.
- Create and maintain data warehouse for modular and historical POS data.
- Develop modular relay schedules with critical checkpoints for internal use.
- Report modular progress, key deadlines, and potential risks to the team.
- Coordinate and implement automation for continuous improvement of modular process.
- Optimize modular presentation and present improvement areas to Walmart, to include space planning, new formats, new insights, and creative ideas.
- Collaborate with internal teams on merchandising evolution (new displays, etc.)
Category Analytics & Reporting: Provide best in class Category reporting and data analysis.
- Create and communicate weekly Category reports with Walmart contacts weekly.
- Continue to improve and evolve reporting to ensure it supports the needs of Walmart.
- Identify opportunities for growth and improvement through data analysis.
- Provide actionable recommendations backed by data analysis and consumer insights.
- Provide internal TracFone brand sales reporting and insights.
- Update non-classified competitive matrix of instore assortments, industry rate plan updates, and competitive retailer moves.
- Provide daily and weekly WSP Postpaid reporting to Walmart.
- Maintain and adjust traiting scripts by store and communicate to Walmart
- Application of new traits and carryover traits on all relays.
- Manage ad hoc store requests for change in coverage.
- Identify traiting for new stores.
- Link traiting with the Marketing signage file owned by the Sr. Manager of Walmart Marketing.
- Maintain store/item combinations for each modular relay and provide those combinations to the Supply Chain team for comparison to MBM orders.
- Conduct post-modular audit and assist with PCR process.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One to two years of Walmart Category Analysis or Category Management experience.
- Two or more years of Walmart Retail Link.
- Two or more years of JDA ProSpace modal writing experience.
- Knowledge of Graphics ad dimensions for Walmart Modulars.
- Knowledge of Shelf Merchandising strategies and Category Layouts.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications especially Excel.
- Strong problem solving, initiative and follow-through, and communication skills required.
Majority Remote work option available (1-2 days per week in office)
Tracfone Wireless is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.