UI/UX Conversational Lead
Operational Research & Reporting
Who we are:
TracFone Wireless, Inc. is America’s largest prepaid, no-contract wireless service provider with more than 20 million subscribers across its family of brands. We are a diverse team that operates in an entrepreneurial environment that thrives on innovation and ingenuity. We believe and stand by our TRAC values: Trust, Respect, Accountability and Collaboration.
What you will do:
- You will be responsible for user experience design of initiatives impacting the conversational channels.
- In this role you will lead, guide, and influence a team of UX/UI Designers performing complex workflow analysis, designs, and converting business objectives into detailed blueprints and requirements to be used during the implementation of new and / or improved conversational products of all company initiatives.
Lead Design Efforts
- Provide creative and experiential leadership during the creation of conceptual diagrams, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and VUI specifications.
- Regular participation in the creation of user stories, sprint planning sessions, and design reviews.
- Guide and support cross functional teams during the implementation of company initiatives. Cross functional teams include IT, SQA, PMO, and business or product owners.
UX/UI Design Architecture and Strategy
- Collaborate with definition of the UX solution’s design and execution strategy for major conversational company initiatives typically impacting multiple processes, services and/or brands.
- Ensure that design solutions are user-centric, cohesive, provide an exceptional holistic user experience, and achieve business goals.
- Help define the conversational channels UX documentation guidelines and standards in collaboration with the UX/UI Design Architecture & Conversational channels, Sr. Manager.
Conversational User Interface and User Experience Design
- Design Voice User Interfaces (VUI) and User Experience (UX) solutions for major company projects.
- Develops high-level and detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate voice interaction and design ideas.
- Creates voice user interface (VUI) design in collaboration with UX Designers, Product Owners and IT Dev. Define and extend voice persona for various new product areas.
User Experience Research
- Analyze market research, personas, customer feedback, site metrics, focus groups and usability findings to incorporate learnings in the design strategy and provide better experiences for TracFone brands and customer types.
- Evaluates usability and audio consistency of existing dialog flows and recommend design changes.
- Responsible for making sure that department procedures and methodologies are being followed.
- Oversee the design process in an agile environment, the intake of work, scheduling and project allocations.
- Assist in team building and growing the Conversational team’s talents.
What you will bring:
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Information Systems/Software Engineering/Telecommunications Engineering or Digital majors. Other Engineering disciplines may also be considered.
- BS / BA is acceptable with some research/ analytical work, conversational user interface / user experience knowledge.
- 5 years of experience in designing the user experience of digital channels.
- Some previous experience designing for conversational channels, voice applications, chatbots or virtual assistants.
- Training or related work experience on technologies like Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Predictive Modelling.
- Previous experience managing small or medium-sized teams.
- Proven effectiveness at mentoring/coaching other engineers.