Sr. Data Analyst , Compliance & Accounting Regulatory
Accounting & Finance
- Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
- Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology
- Teamwork: A supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
- Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
- Benefits: Excellent health benefits, Matching 401K, and education reimbursement.
What you will do:
Our Accounting team is seeking a Sr. Data Analyst to support the lifeline data compliance reporting area. This is a dynamic technical role that works to ensure the company remains in compliance with federal and state guidelines for the government program.
- Support the ongoing USAC, CAPUC and TXPUC data audit requests for all customer claims, including original documentation proof, household worksheets, annual recertifications, benefit usage, personal identifiable information (PII) and other.
- Support Lifeline internal legal investigations requests and perform root-cause analysis to identify any concerns, including all audit requests.
- Create and maintain PL/SQL programs from system queries/tables to support ETC compliance reporting requirements of Lifeline customer data to ensure PII information retrieved for audits is properly maintained in the encrypted drive and used accordingly
- Prepare and maintain complex data reconciliations and analyze support for claimed reimbursements and revisions from USAC and other state administrators. This includes the development of MS Excel Macros with Visual Basic to automatize reports and facilitate processes for Federal filings for current and prior years.
- Develop and maintain tables to support: the FCC LCS/497 Reimbursement USAC Recoveries by customer and period + the Lifeline Annual Recertification results.
- Create and run queries to export database customer information and provide complex analysis and due diligence for compliance on the annual FCC FORM 555 reporting. This effort also includes the analysis for monthly usage and de-enrollments of non-usage customers to support the annual report results.
- Develop and maintain process documentation in support of business area procedures, annual updates, automation, improvements, audit requirements, compliance library and lessons learned for the Lifeline Compliance Accounting area. Identify operational processdeficiencies and automate for effectiveness.
- TracFone lifeline liaison for USAC to address 43+ states NLAD customer duplication, eligibility resolution, household disputes and issues; discrepancies between claimed and rejected customers; meet with other business owners to collaborate timely responses to USAC and transmit data via sftp to USAC.
- TracFone lifeline liaison for CAPUC and TXPUC state administrators. Develop queries to analyze monthly state issued customer reports and compare with Subscriber Services results, including invoicing summaries, month end processes and journal entries. Maintain management reports and provide audit support, as needed.
- Provide month end closing support for the Lifeline brands, including journal entry preparation, invoicing summaries due diligence, cash receipts reconciliation and allocation, vendor accruals, as needed. Maintain lifeline vendor analysis and invoices for leading vendors to support month end recording. Providing financial accounting reports as needed.
- Work on special projects, as requested.
- Bachelor Degree required. Major in Business, Computers, Management Information Systems or related discipline preferred.
- 5 + years experience required in computer/technical related field or business data analytics. Extensive experience with Oracle SQL or any SQL language, MS Advanced Excel, MS Access a plus.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic.
- Must have excellent communication and documentation skills in English.
- Familiarity with operational, system controls, programs, financial, and regulatory procedures a plus. Able to develop queries and maintain database(s), as needed. Multi-task and work on special projects.
Tracfone Wireless is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.