Quality Engineering Lead Analyst
Information Technology & Engineering
Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology.
Teamwork: Supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
Benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision coverage, 401(k), Educational Assistance, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Vacation, Paid Time Off, Health & Wellness Resources and Employee discounts.
- Performs Quality Engineering Lead role for Releases:
- Create inflow of new functionalities to automation team while in initial stages of testing
- Cross team communication to identify risk beforehand
- Deriving Workload patterns, Estimations, Develop Performance Strategy and implement
- Guide mobile automation team to build automation test cases with good coverage
- Identify opportunities to improve performance of applications and reduce customer impact incidents using Performance testing tools
- Lead other QE team members to create documentation and share knowledge between different QE team members
- Lead the QE Chapter responsible for consistent QE standards and processes
- Perform risk and impact analysis of all initiatives
- Provides guidance for the team to build scripts with right parameters
- Responsibility of maintaining regression suite to keep up to date
- Review and identify gaps in the test case coverage and help team members to build robust test suite
- Review automation testcases and provide feedback
- Support and participate in automation development and automate tasks and processes related to data validation and continuous automation. Implement parallel testing capabilities within the CI/CD pipeline. Pair with QE team members, coaching with a quality lens, and promoting test techniques/best practices
- Support and participate in analyzing performance impact of all new features, enhancements, initiatives and work with performance COE to plan for the perceived load/traffic patterns for stress testing
- Research industry best practices provide recommendations. Provide mentorship and technical guidance and cross train offshore and onshore team members.
- Monitor capital task allocation for QE team members on agile teams and budget to make sure we meet the established budget
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, IS or related field is required. May be substituted with an AA degree and 5 years of software QA related experience.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of experience working Quality Engineering testing (functional, regression, performance, load)
- Must have more than 1-2 years of automation testing experience
- Background in development, operations, and full-stack implementations and must possess knowledge of all the DevOps stages and concepts.
- Entry level understanding of object-oriented concepts, design principles and design patterns.
- Understanding of REST architecture and demonstrated experience with REST APIs testing/automation.
- Experience using Oracle/ SQL and coding languages such as Java, Python or C# is required.
- Knowledge in Selenium or equivalent.
- Experience in designing and implementing Test Automation Frameworks for End-to-End Test Automation (UI + API + backend) including integration with Jira.
- Experience in guiding and mentoring team members and providing technical advice.
TracFone Wireless is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.