Sr. UX/UI Designer – Multi-Channel
Operational Research & Process Improvement
Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology.
Teamwork: Supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
Benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision coverage, 401(k), Educational Assistance, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Vacation, Paid Time Off, Health & Wellness Resources and Employee discounts.
What you will do:
You will be responsible for the business front end and customer interaction requirements.
You will uses UX/UI design best practices, conceptual models, personas, trends, and internal documentation standards to lead the design of major user experience initiatives that scale across multiple products and platforms where multi/digital channels are involved.
You will use various tools and the acquired knowledge of TracFone’s processes and systems to: mentor and train other UX/UI Designers and to review their designs and design documentation to make sure best practices are followed.
Lead Design Efforts
- Lead and responsible for the UX solution’s design execution and correct documentation of major company initiatives typically impacting multi/digital channels, processes, services and/or brands.
- Provide both technical and functional mentorship to cross-functional UX and UI Design team members.
- Provide creative and experiential leadership during the creation of conceptual diagrams, wireframes, UI mockups, and prototypes.
- Responsible for making sure that design documentation standards are followed.
- Lead design initiatives to achieve call center improvements targeting reduction in average handle time, increases in NPS scores, and improvements in ‘right first time’ outcomes for customers.
- Regular participation in design reviews and sprint planning sessions, some involvement in the creation of user stories.
- Guide and support cross functional teams during the implementation of company initiatives. Cross functional teams include: IT, SQA, PMO, and business or product owners.
- Review UX/UI design documentation to guarantee that the design is accurate, efficient, and compliant with project requirements and needs.
- Mentor UX/UI analysts level I and II in best practices.
- Assist UX Design managers with review of designs produced by less senior staff in the group.
UX/UI Design and Planning
- Research and analyze alternatives for delivering customer experience improvements and providing channel content that addresses current and future needs through the use of available success and utilization metrics and user feedback from usability sessions, design thinking methodology and other available information sources.
- Partner with business requestors, product teams and key customer experience teams to shape the vision for customer interactions that are as user friendly as possible.
- Ensure that design solutions are user-centric, cohesive, provide an exceptional, holistic multi-channel user experiences through all channels impacted as well as achieve business goals.
- Ensure that design UX/UI best practices in the market/industry are being used, by designing trainings (including manuals, the creation of videos and a range of educational materials) and evaluating alternative approaches and tools.
- Review and update Agent Troubleshooting Flow Designs, Content, Tools and documentation guidelines and procedures to make sure they are effective and easy to use within the call center environment.
- Help define the overall UX documentation guidelines and standards in collaboration with the department UX/UI managers.
Accessibility and Guidelines:
- Responsible for evaluating and proposing changes to accessibility and style guides required for UI/UX and for ensuring accessibility requirements are included in all design efforts and work with Accessibility compliance group to minimize defects in this area.
- Maintain relationships within department, ensuring that correct information is available for designs.
- Act as a champion for keeping user experience consistency across all channels and provide support to the designers those areas.
- Help define the UX/UI requirements documentation guidelines and standards in collaboration with the department UX/UI Design Sr. Manager.
- Act as liaison with external vendors to analyze, evaluate, implement UX/UI designs and ensure adherence to the guidelines for initiatives non-developed by TracFone’s development team.
Business Analysis and User Experience Design
- Design UX/UI solutions for TracFone transactional processes and customer interactions with TracFone systems.
- Use UX/UI Design best practices along with a high level of analytical reasoning, creative problem solving, common sense, and acquired TracFone knowledge.
- Analyze multiple information sources and complex processes to understand needs and propose the solutions. Information to analyze includes: business requirements, available process data and metrics, new and existing systems behavior, applicable business rules, and user needs (through interviews, feedback tools, direct observation, focus group studies, or usability studies).
- Interact with IT entities to understand software limitations and implementation challenges to make sure that the design not only is adequate for the business needs but also technically feasible; it must be implementable according to the available technology and given timeline.
- Maintain relationships within the different UX Design teams, ensuring that correct information is available for designs
User Experience Research
- Partner with user researchers on discovery and usability efforts.
- Analyze market research, personas, customer feedback, site metrics, focus groups and usability findings to incorporate learnings in the design strategy and provide better experiences for TracFone brands and customer types.
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Information Systems/Software Engineering/Telecommunications Engineering or Digital majors. Other Engineering disciplines may also be considered.
- BS / BA is acceptable with some research/ analytical work, user interface / user experience knowledge.
- Master’s Degree in general is a plus for the position.
- 4 years of creating user-focused digital Experience.
- Successfully lead the implementation of significant initiatives throughout their complete lifecycle.
- Experience with User Experience design, Business Analyst or User Interaction.
TracFone Wireless is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.