Sr. Leader, Portfolio Management
Sales & Marketing
- Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
- Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology
- Teamwork: A supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
- Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
- Benefits: Excellent health benefits, Matching 401K, and education reimbursement.
What you will do:
The Sr. Leader, Portfolio Management is accountable for the strategic direction and financial performance of the brand’s portfolio, including designing and executing product roadmaps that will successfully move into growth adjacencies while stretching the strategic position of the brand. This individual leads the development and execution of portfolio strategies across the brand to ensure a comprehensive product and service offering that creates customer value and drives profitable growth.
Leveraging an exceptional financial, competitive and industry acumen, the Sr. Leader develops business plans and creates and oversees the implementation of go-to-market plans for each commercial launch, ensuring commercial success. Additionally, the Sr. Leader leads ongoing monitoring and management of launch performance based on financial and customer business case performance and implements counter measures when needed.
- Develop the strategic direction and oversight of the brand’s portfolio, including designing and executing portfolio strategy and product roadmaps.
- Partner with Product Development, Business Development and Value-Added Service team to identify new product, service and device opportunities to stretch the brand into adjacencies.
- Maintain a robust product roadmap that delivers on financial performance and stretches the brand into new market and product adjacencies to accelerate profitable growth.
- Monitor industry, market and competitive trends, synthesizing insights to shape portfolio and positioning strategies.
- Create and maintain ongoing assessment (spreadsheet) of competitive offerings including: products, services, features, pricing, etc. within each category. Leverage insights to feed roadmap and adjust the portfolio to maintain market competitive and deliver customer value.
- Analyze product usage/consumer interaction data to make product improvement decisions.
- Oversee pricing, channel and device strategies for the portfolio.
- Partner with Finance to implement price optimization analysis including NBCA and value-added pricing.
- Oversee key phases in the NPD and SPR process including the development of business plans, creation of financial business cases, product/solution specifications and go-to-market plans and requirements.
- Partner with the product development team to build a comprehensive offering of devices as part of the brand portfolio. Leverage device offerings in go-to-market strategies to ensure commercial success.
- Deliver the financial performance and P&L for each product, service and devices within the brand portfolio. Meet or exceed key performance metrics for each brand, including but not limited to, gross adds, net gains, churn and EBITDA.
- Oversee ongoing sales forecasts by product, service and device with the category(ies); and partner with sales team on developing channel targets.
- Create tools and processes to measure and manage scorecards for each product’s metrics along key dimension include by channel.
- Oversee the launch of new products and services, ensure financial targets are met.
- Conduct post-launch retrospectives (product vitality reporting). Diagnose implement and measure countermeasures to ensure commercial success.
- Conduct ongoing market pricing analysis to realize optimal margins.
- Create go-to-market plans and oversee the implementation for each commercial launch, ensuring commercial success, as defined by the business case and financial projections.
- Partner with the Innovation and Commercialization team on identifying, validating, and successfully launch new offerings. Partner with Retail Marketing to ensure successful and time launch on new rate plans.
- Work with internal teams and external partners on setting the direction and oversight of commercial activities to ensure attainment of new customer acquisition targets.
- Partner with non-marketing functions areas such as sales, product development, finance, supply chain, innovation and customer service to secure required business enablers needed for market success.
- Oversee financial performance and optimization of investment to ensure strong ROI and customer experience.
- Conduct ongoing retrospectives to assess performance to target and implement counter measures as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Economics, Finance and/or Business Management Required.
- MBA or Master of Science in a related business discipline required.
- 10 years of product management experience, minimum of 5 years at a Director-level in a B2C, consumer durable goods, technology or telecommunications Fortune 500 company
- 5 years of P&L experience; minimum of $500M in B2C or minimum of $250M in B2B
- 5 years of experience launching new products with demonstrable commercial success.
- Deep knowledge of NPD process and adept in building business plans, go-to-market plans and creating financial models as part of NPD process.
- 2 years of brand management desirable.
- Product experience in telecommunications or devices highly desirable
- Knowledge of cellular technologies, cell phone industry and competitive landscape are a significant plus.
Tracfone Wireless is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.