Sr. UX/UI Designer - Digital
Operational Research & Process Improvement
What you will do:
The Sr. UX/UI Designer - Digital is responsible for business front end and customer interaction requirements, helps define the approach to UX solution design and oversees the implementation of design solutions for digital channels. The Sr. UX/UI Designer - Digital uses UX/UI design best practices, conceptual models, personas, trends, learning from available metrics and user feedback, as well as internal documentation standards to oversee front end design efforts for major user experience initiatives where digital channels are involved.
The Sr. UX/UI Designer - Digital is focused on creating enjoyable user interactions and customer experiences by iterating on user-centered designs and gathering feedback to continually improve products. This person provides support and knowledge to cross-functional teams of UX/UI designers and content developers. They are involved in the design of complex interaction flows, wireframes, UI mockups, and interactive prototypes and they also integrate backend requirements and/or configurations with front end requirements and interactions.
The Sr. UX/UI Designer use various tools and the acquired knowledge of TracFone’s processes and systems to: mentor and train other UX/UI Designers and to review their designs and design documentation to make sure best practices are followed.
This position plays a key role as the subject matter expert in TracFone’s digital customer facing systems and performs a liaison function between business requestors and technical (IT) resources, ensuring that business needs and wants are translated into requirements that can be readily understood and delivered on by technical teams. They also focus on staying abreast of trends and incorporating new and innovative approaches in user interactions as appropriate to increase the company’s competitive advantage.
Lead Design Efforts
- Directly lead or oversee UX solution design execution and ensure correct documentation of major company initiatives typically impacting digital channels, processes, services and/or brands.
- Provide technical and functional mentorship to cross-functional UX and UI Design team members.
- Provide creative and experiential leadership during the creation of conceptual diagrams, wireframes, UI mockups, and prototypes.
- Responsible for making sure that design documentation standards are followed. Regular participation in design reviews and sprint planning sessions, some participation in the creation of user stories.
- Guide and support cross functional teams during the implementation of company initiatives. Cross functional teams include: IT, SQA, PMO, and business or product owners.
- Mentor UX/UI analysts level I and II in best practices.
- Provide initial training on tools and processes for new resources.
- Assist manager with review of designs produced by less senior staff in the group.
UX/UI Design Planning
- Research and analyze alternatives for providing optimal customer experience in digital channels, including all customer facing educational content (including video, FAQ, training), using available metrics and user feedback gathered from interviews, usability sessions, design thinking methodology and other available tools.
- Partner with business requestors, solution design resources, product teams and key customer experience teams to shape the vision for customer interactions that are simple, effective, and memorable.
- Ensure that design solutions are user-centric, cohesive, and provide a holistic multi-channel user experience through all digital channels as well as achieve business goals.
- Ensure that design UX/UI best practices in the market/industry are used by designing training materials (including manuals) and evaluating alternatives to deliver information to UX/UI teams.
- Help define the overall UX documentation guidelines and standards in collaboration with the department UX/UI managers.
- Act as liaison with external vendors to analyze, evaluate and implement UX/UI designs ensuring adherence to the guidelines for initiatives not developed by TracFone’s internal development team.
- Ensure adherence to strategy for content delivery methods for customer facing information depending on complexity of ideas/concepts and channel needs. Provide guidance and supervision of design content creation, including creation of videos and a range of educational materials.
Accessibility and Guidelines:
- Act as a champion for accessibility needs within the design groups and for maintaining user experience consistency across all digital channels. Provide support to conversational and multichannel solution design and designer areas.
- Responsible for evaluating and proposing changes to accessibility and style guides for UI/UX and for working with Accessibility compliance group on reducing defects pertaining to accessibility.
- Maintain relationships within department, ensuring that correct information is available for designs.
- Help define the UX/UI requirements documentation guidelines and standards in collaboration with the department UX/UI Design - Digital Sr. Manager.
Business Analysis and User Experience Design
- Design UX/UI solutions for TracFone transactional processes and customer interactions.
- Use UX/UI Design best practices along with a high level of analytical reasoning, creative problem solving, common sense, and acquired TracFone knowledge.
- Analyze multiple information sources and complex processes to understand needs and propose the solution. Information to analyze includes: business requirements, available process data and metrics, new and existing systems behavior, applicable business rules, and user needs information sourced from interviews, feedback tools, direct observation, focus group studies, or usability studies.
- Interact with IT entities to understand software limitations and implementation challenges to make sure that the design not only addresses the business needs but is also technically feasible; it must be implementable with available technologies within the given timeline.
- Maintain relationships within the different UX Design teams, ensuring that correct information is available for designs
User Experience Research
- Partner with user researchers on discovery and usability efforts.
- Analyze market research, personas, customer feedback, site metrics, focus groups and usability findings to incorporate learnings in the design strategy and provide better experiences for TracFone brands and customer types.
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Information Systems/Software Engineering/Telecommunications Engineering or Digital majors. Other Engineering disciplines may also be considered.
- BS / BA is acceptable with some research/ analytical work, user interface / user experience knowledge.
- Master’s Degree in all of the above disciplines may also be considered. Master’s Degree in general is a plus for the position
- 4 years of creating user-focused digital Experience.
- Successfully lead the implementation of significant initiatives throughout their complete lifecycle.
- Experience with User Experience design, Business Analyst or User Interaction.
- Demonstrated knowledge on TracFone brands, systems, and change management processes.
- Proven record of driving business results; proven ability to understand complex business logics and to deliver or propose adequate and feasible solutions.
- Proven effectiveness at mentoring / coaching other engineers.
- Experience with at least one prototyping and design tools such as: Axure RP Pro, Microsoft Visio, inVision, Adobe XD, Framer, Sketch, Omnigraffle, etc.
- Design experience in web/mobile responsive/ App.
- Completed training to strengthen technical skills (Process Streamlining / Systems Design Best Practices).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team to achieve goals.
*This position is open only to internal TracFone employees at this time.