Product & Portfolio Manager, Total Wireless
Sales & Marketing
Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology.
Teamwork: Supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
Benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision coverage, 401(k), Educational Assistance, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Vacation, Paid Time Off, Health & Wellness Resources and Employee discounts.
What you will do:
- You will support the Senior Brand marketing executive team to ensuring good alignment of the product portfolio with the organizational strategy.
- Responsible for proposing investment or de-investment in products and concept projects based on the defined brand strategy, market data, cost, and timing.
PRODUCT PORTFOLIO DEFINITION AND ALIGNMENT WITH BUSINESS STRATEGY
- Define product portfolio vision, definition, and road map by product focus area and by quarter. Be a Customer Champion, responsible for shaping Product Market fit and accountable for the defined product(s) and profitability goals.
- Portfolio performance tracking and evaluation measurement against established business plans for current and future products
- Develop scope and define backlog items (epic/features/user stories) that guide the Agile software development team.
- Identify risks and opportunities for each product and aligns with the growth engine core team on the corrective actions as needed.
- Collaborates with Innovation, New Business Development, Product Development, Insights, Finance, Sales and the Director of Brand Management on shepherding new products for the brand from Ideation through Commercialization and making sure there is a sustainable and successful commercial model, before they are put into the core of the business.
- Builds and aligns on Business Cases as needed to evaluate and propose new products or temporary and permanent changes to current product portfolio.
PRODUCT PORTFOLIO OPTIMIZATION AND RESOURCE ALLOCATION
- Constantly tracks product performance versus established KPIs and financial plans.
- Align product road map to strategic goals and priorities of the brand/organization and plan product backlog accordingly.
- Maintains constant monitoring of market conditions, competitive pressures, and new market opportunities in related product areas.
- Maintains constant monitoring of threats and risks to the business and recommends to the Director of Brand Management and the Core Team appropriate adjustments or responses as needed.
- Analyze product usage/consumer interaction data to make product improvement decisions.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND DELIVERY
- Oversee product development and implementation process along with technical leads (internal or from external partners).
- Proactively identify and clear technical/business bottlenecks and dependencies that will derail or delay product development process.
- Handle new product launches and marketing campaigns.
- Promotions or temporary product enhancements.
- Works with PMO and Director of Brand Management to make sure projects have been briefed correctly by submitting Change Requests for part #'s as needed.
- Internal routing of SOW (scope of work), MPOs (mobile point of sale), POs (purchase orders), and others as needed through the PEGA system.
REPORTING & OTHER TASKS
- Assist in preparing marketing presentations for the brand, for both external and internal audiences.
- Coordinate weekly status meetings, tracking key projects and timelines, processing purchase orders and invoices, facilitating the sharing of information, assets & files.
- Coordinate key meetings with cross functional teams and SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) on brand performance, activity tracking and planning.
- Master’s Degree or MBA required
- Minimum 7-9 years of product portfolio management, new product development preferably in carriers, internet companies etc. or Innovation Manager in a B2C company.
- Prior experience in the CPG (Consumer Product Goods)/FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods), telecommunication, consumer internet companies and/or retail marketing required.
"Tracfone Wireless is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law".