Director, Product Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Sales & Marketing
- Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
- Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology
- Teamwork: A supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
- Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
- Benefits: Excellent health benefits, Matching 401K, and education reimbursement.
What you will do:
The Director, Product Marketing and Commercial Excellence leads the Product Marketing and Commercialization activities for new products and services working in concert with Sr. Marketing leadership, Brand leaders and Product Development/engineering. This role will work with internal stakeholders (Finance, Sales, Product Development, Business Development, Market Research, Innovation, Customer Service, Customer Marketing, Engineering, IT, etc.) and external partners to coordinate commercial development and ultimately launch new devices, services and offerings into the B2C and B2B markets. Responsibilities includes development of new product marketing plans, go-to-market strategies, commercialization activities and outcomes for all new product launches. Additionally, the Director, Product Marketing and Commercial Excellence will work with the Innovation team to design, lead and execute experiments and market viability testing to determine product/market fit as part of an early stage customer/product discovery process.
NEW PRODUCT STRATEGY
- As the New Product champion, serve as the single point of accountability for shaping and modifying TracFone Wireless’ New Product strategy including Where to play/How to win assessment, SWOT and future trends.
- Conducts strategic analysis, prepares business cases, financial analysis/projections, and conducts business intelligence in order to identify and develop opportunities for competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Supports Marketing Leadership (CMO, Mktg Officer, VP Mktg) and works with Brand leaders to develop superior new offerings that win in the market place. New offerings will span multiple product categories and distribution channels as current Brands extensions or entirely new Brands to expand long-term enterprise value.
NEW PRODUCT IDEATION AND MARKET VALIDATION
- Functions as the central keeper and repository of all New Product concepts. Qualifies and quantifies strategically sound concepts (as vetted through overall TracFone Wireless New Product Strategy) through market research to identify market opportunity, consumer appeal, brand alignment, appropriate sales channel and financial targets.
- Engages with outside resources to generate new product ideas that fit with New Product Strategy and establishes a framework to facilitate and collect internally generated ideas.
- Leads process for conducting market viability testing utilizing Lean Start Up/Lean UX techniques. Designs and executes experiments to test hypotheses and identify refinements to ensure product/market fit.
- Owns the product roadmap for all New Product launches. Secures internal resources and commitments to calendar while harmonizing technical development, financial implications, brand launch windows and retailer mod dates for flawless execution.
- Creates commercialization plans for new product launches including situational analysis, business objectives, competitive landscape, target audiences, needs assessment, communications/demand generation plans, media, timeline, metrics, etc.
- Leads product launches including conception, market validation, positioning, pricing, packaging, promotion, etc. Monitors and refines to ensure market success.
- Presents to Executive Leadership New Product progress through gates and calendar changes/updates as required. Presentation frequency at least 1x/Qtr and more often as required.
NEW PRODUCT CROSS-FUNCTIONAL TEAM LEADERSHIP
- Leads weekly multi-disciplinary New Product team towards commercial launch of all new items. Works hand in hand with stakeholders in Product Development, Engineering, IT, Brand Marketing, Sales, Marketing Research, etc. in progressing New Products through stage-gate process culminating with market launch.
- Monitors results and conducts retrospectives with stakeholders to ensure market success at scale.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, general business, finance or technical/engineering required.
- MBA or Master’s degree in business highly preferred.
- 10 or more years of Product Management and Strategic Product Marketing experience including:
- A minimum of 5 years of Director-level experience in product management or product development planning and developing new products AND
- A minimum of 5 years of Director-level experience (preferred) in product marketing and commercialization, with proven track record of commercial success.
- 3-5 or more years implementing innovation techniques including experimentation, commercial viability, hypothesis testing.
- Mastery in deploying innovation techniques such as Lean Start Up, Lean UX, Design Thinking and Agile in product management.
- Success in testing low-, med-, and high-fidelity prototypes (MVPs) and creating/deployment experiments to test product/market fit.
- Deep expertise in Stage Gate with the ability to develop and refine NPD tools and processes.
- Strong planning skills with deep experience in creating product portfolio plans, roadmaps and go-to-market commercialization plans.
- Strong financial acumen and adept in building business cases, financial modeling, forecasting and score cards.
- Knowledge of Lean methodologies and tools
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Good, electronics, devices or the Telcom industry a plus.
- Successful track record in running stage-gate Innovation processes and new product market introductions.
- Ability to implement seamlessly, motivate other team members, and confidently interact with executives and other senior levels of the organization in order to influence, persuade, gain support, input and approvals.
- Superior project management skills and strengths in managing multiple projects/deadlines; ability to set priorities and be flexible in changing environments; goal orientation with a strong bias toward action and tangible results. VPM skills highly desirable.
- Strong track record leveraging collaborative leadership in a matrix organization to get things done, with a respectful and professional attitude towards all co-workers.
- Experience with streamlining processes to ensure innovative ideation, productivity, and effectiveness across functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and customer/client service skills; diplomatic, collaborative, and responsive.
- Superior communication and presentation skills; confident and articulate.
- PC knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Tracfone Wireless is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.