Sr. Analyst,New Product & Service Insights
Sales & Marketing
- Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
- Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology
- Teamwork: A supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
- Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
- Benefits: Excellent health benefits, Matching 401K, and education reimbursement.
What you will do:
The Sr. Analyst, New Product & Service Insights is responsible for conducting qualitative & quantitative research to identify, develop and help to bring new products and services to market for of all types of future wireless devices, such as fixed wireless, car connect devices, mobile personal emergency response (mPERS), tracking devices, health wearables, etc. Future services could include value added options such as phone protection and insurance, video streaming, live TV, identity protection, mobile hotspot, etc.
This position will manage the key strategic research projects to: (1) identify/define the user, (2) unearth opportunities in this broad category of wireless products and services, (3) inform new product or service optimization across the TFW Inc. brand portfolio and (4) benchmark competitive excellence. Duties will include: framing market opportunities and target segments; helping frame and focus product ideation, conducting go-to market research to optimize value propositions, marketing messages and pricing strategies; and understanding and improving the end to end consumer journey.
This role primarily focuses on generating strategic insights results from qualitative & quantitative research and competitive intelligence; closely follows/monitors emerging technologies, consumer, and social trends to identify growth opportunities and shape new product/service strategies. Responsibilities include managing the execution of primary and secondary research, synthesizing large amounts of research data from multiple data sources and translating them into concise insights and managing relationships with research vendors and other external partners. This individual will work cross functionally with teams rolling-out research that informs marketing, product, brand marketing, customer marketing, alternative business channel development, engineering, agile team and etc. to drive new products/services process development from concept to launch.
The Sr. Analyst will be responsible for: (1) developing custom research methodologies, (2) writing surveys, (3) assisting in other types of quantitative and qualitative research focused on new products and services, (4) managing research suppliers during fieldwork & monitoring the data collection process, (5) analyzing the tabulated data, (6) developing actionable insights and recommendations, and (7) creating custom reports in PowerPoint summarizing key insights and strategic actionable recommendations across all TFW Inc. brands.
In addition to the above responsibilities, this person will be responsible for supporting the Customer Insight team on industry updates, competitive plans, handsets, pricing, messaging, advertising and packaging, which will assist in helping all TFW Inc. brands stay competitive in the market place.
- Manage Custom Research including both qualitative & quantitative research for new wireless products or services including (1) developing custom research methodologies, (2) writing surveys, (3) assisting in other types of quantitative and qualitative research focused on new products and services, (4) managing research suppliers during fieldwork & monitoring the data collection process, (5) analyzing the tabulated data, (6) developing actionable insights and recommendations, and (7) creating custom reports in PowerPoint summarizing key insights and strategic actionable recommendations across all TFW Inc. brands.
- Monitor and Perform Market Assessment/Trends to unearth opportunities for new products or services by closely following and monitoring emerging technology, consumer, and social trends assisting with shaping new product/service strategies. Understand consumer perception of new product and service technologies and the reaction that consumers will have to those new products and services. Be able to clearly communicate these learning with knowledgeable insight and discern new product/service development opportunities and contribute to product planning process.
- Synthesize Research Data from multiple data sources and translate them into concise insights. Develop and deliver influential presentations that summarize complex analyses to help make informative business decisions pertaining to our customers, markets, product categories, sales channel/distribution and competitors. Summarize and synthesize market, customer, and shopper trends and research into regularly updated executive briefs and full presentations. Assist with industry updates for the Consumer Insight Department.
- Manage the Work of 3rd Party Research Vendors supporting the manager and Coordinate with Internal Stakeholders: (1) Provide day to day management, direction, coordination and feedback to 3rd party research companies and internal business owners focused on but not limited to Straight Talk, TracFone, Total Wireless, Walmart Family, Simple Mobile, and NET10, (2) Provide detailed feedback on methodologies, findings and recommendations, presentation flow and outline, and provide templates to improve efficiency; (3) analyze the resulting data, add to/edit final reports, and add strategic recommendations to the final product.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of relevant product marketing, market research, consumer insights, strategic marketing, brand management, research and analysis, advertising, and/or strategy experience.
- Experience with conducting primary research - design, implement and analyze qualitative and quantitative research and experience on projects building new categories or products and services.
- A strong foundation of both traditional research techniques (.e.g. portfolio optimization, segmentation, A&U, focus groups) and up-front design thinking product development (e.g. ideation/concept, ethnography, showing, co-creation, etc.).
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information, identify issues, recommend solutions proactively, and apply problem-solving and analytical expertise.
- Wireless or tech industries experience a plus, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and PowerPoint.
ONLY INTERNAL TRACFONE EMPLOYEES WILL BE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME
Tracfone Wireless is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.