Behavior Specialist is responsible to provide behavioral strategies to help strengthen the children’s social emotional skills and improve their ability to learn, and to provide support and coaching to the families and staff working with those children utilizing Conscious Discipline practices. Work collaboratively with the behavioral health consultant, family and staff to refer, develop and implement individual behavior plans, and make referrals to outside agencies as necessary. Work with families in the home environment to support implementation of individual behavior plans. Support teaching staff in the establishment and maintenance of positive and productive relationships with children and families. Monitor, collect and analyze data to evaluate the effectiveness of social emotional/behavioral health practices. Participate in meetings and trainings as assigned. Must have compassion and understanding for the needs of children and families from economically and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field plus 2 years professional experience observing, assessing, planning and implementing individual and group activities for young children, including those with disabilities, mental health and behavior issues.
- Behavioral health training and/or experience preferred.
- Must be flexible with hours to accommodate program and client needs.
- Provide a TVCCA staff Statement of Good Health signed by a physician, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner within twelve (12) months before the date of employment and every twenty-four (24) months thereafter.
- Provide a written report of negative tuberculin test completed within twelve (12) months prior to the date of employment or for a known prior reactor, no evidence of active tuberculosis on a chest x-ray.
- Must have access to reliable, insured transportation.
- Strong computer and communication skills.