Community Resources Specialist
Under the supervision of the Director of Outreach and Community Health Workers applying Results Oriented Management Accountability (ROMA) as well as the Human Services Infrastructure service model. TVCCA operates under these two management principals and all employees must understand and adopt them. The Community Resources Specialist is a community based position whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to, participant intake and screening, evaluating needs of participants, referring clients to community resources, coordinating appointments, providing help with enrollments with diverse resources in the community. This position must utilize TVCCA’s Tribeware case management software and other software systems, and become knowledgeable of the community.
2-Positions available one in New London and one in Norwich
- Associates Degree and at least one year of experience working with clients in a health or social services setting; or any combination of education and experience that can meet the essential tasks.
- Must have or obtain within six (6) months of hire a Community Health Worker Certification.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word, and Publisher).
- Strong communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and daily access to a reliable and insured motor vehicle.
- Bilingual preferred – Spanish/English; Haitian Creole/English; Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)/ English; Portuguese/English