Client Services Naviator-Eviction Prevention Specialist
This Eviction Prevention Specialist provides support to UniteCT customers who have been served a Notice to Quit or are under threat of eviction. The Eviction Prevention Specialist will work with the tenant and landlord to encourage participation in UniteCT to resolve back rent issues. If the landlord is unwilling to participate efforts will be made to determine the cause of hesitancy and to clarify misunderstandings about the program. If additional support is needed the Eviction Prevention Specialist will contact Statewide Legal Services, who have been contracted to provide meditation services. In addition, this position will assist tenants and landlords in the completion of the Unite CT application process, participate in UniteCT Outreach events, and create linkages to the TVCCA Case Management team to address other customer needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus one year of related work experience, or Associates Degree plus three years of related work experience.
- Experience providing strength-base case management services to singles and families.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Access and Publisher).
- Strong communication skills, bi-lingual preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and daily access to a reliable and insured motor vehicle