Client Services Navigator-Supportive Housing
This position works directly with participants in the TVCCA Supportive Housing Program. Supportive housing targets the chronically homeless and permanently disabled. Must assist participants in finding housing and provide case management support to help maintain housing. Must be able to interact with other community resources. The case manager will also assist new clients through the process of joining the housing program for the first time. This program deals with participants who were homeless before entering the program and who have been determined to be permanently disabled. Must be able to coordinate a large number of supportive services. Must learn the Results Oriented Management Accountability (R.O.M.A.) and Human Services Infrastructure (H.S.I.) Systems. TVCCA operates under these two management principals and all employees must understand and adopt them.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus two years of related work experience, or Associates Degree plus four years of related work experience.
- Experience providing strength-base case management services to singles and families.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Access and Publisher). Must be able to operate a Windows based computer and be willing to learn a suite of software systems required for completing reports, grants, and client records.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Familiarity with the issues of poverty, mental health diagnoses and homelessness preferred.
Have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and access to daily, reliable, insured transportation