Hiring for all positions at all locations (New London, Groton, Taftville, Griswold).
The Teacher is responsible for the care, supervision, and safety of center children. Assist staff in planning and implementing age appropriate curriculum. Must demonstrate compassion and understanding for the needs of children and families from economically and culturally diverse backgrounds. Must learn, implement and follow all program policies and procedures. Responsible for learning and implementing developmentally appropriate practices for young children. Responsible for keeping classroom and playground clean, safe, and orderly.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Positions and salary will be based on education and experience
- Have access to reliable, insured transportation.
- Must have or obtain and maintain CT child care first-aid, and infant and child CPR, and medication administration certification.
- Must have or obtain within 90 days of hire the Care 4 Kids Health and Safety Training
- Provide a TVCCA Staff Statement of Good Health statement signed by a physician, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner completed within twelve (12) months before the date of employment, and every twenty-four (24) months for current staff.
- Provide a written report of negative tuberculin test completed within twelve (12) months prior to the date of employment, or for a known prior reactor, no evidence of active tuberculosis on a chest x-ray.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry a child up to 50lbs.
- Continue professional development per funding.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Be able to work 35 hours/week, 52 weeks/year.
- The TVCCA Little Learners Early Education Program requires staff to be available from 7:00AM – 5:00PM to cover center operational hours.