Staff Assistant - P03486
Clerical and Administrative Support
**Application Deadline: Open Until Filled**
(First review will begin on December 15, 2021)
TITLE: Staff Assistant
POSITION NO.: P03486
SECTION: Workforce Development
HIRING SALARY: $26,193.00 - $28, 686.60 annually; all salary calculations to start at the minimum salary
HOURS: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M., Monday ‑ Friday
CONTACT: Human Resources (850) 201-8510 or via email email@example.com
MAJOR FUNCTION: The Staff Assistant II is housed within Workforce Development. The Staff Assistant II performs advanced clerical/secretarial and administrative support functions of considerable variety and complexity requiring exercising considerable judgment and initiative in completing assignments and special projects for a vice president, manager, or coordinator. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a member of the Vice President’s support team providing administrative support for the vice president and division while working closely with the Workforce Development Coordinator to ensure timeliness of appointments and projects. Oversees the front desk and common area. Completes supply orders and maintains inventory reporting. Ensures timely filling of all promotional item requests with accurate record keeping. Provides timely notification regarding supply and promotional item requests. Supports meeting functions related to the Division and Vice President to include file preparation and room reservation.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date desk guide for the front desk with timely development of required procedures. Assists students with registration processes via walk-in, e-mail, phone, or fax. Coordinates with staff to verify student status and accessing college database to perform various registration tasks. Answers telephones, greets guests in the front office, responds to voicemails and e-mails in a timely manner while maintaining tidiness in the front office and reception areas, and routes mail to appropriate staff members.
- Performs general typing and administrative assignments to include but not limited to drafting and completing a variety of correspondence such as letters and memorandums, reports, spreadsheets and statistical analyses. Review division website for necessary course and program updates. Reporting any required updates in a timely manner. Compiles results of divisional surveys and tracking logs. Coordinates with the Workforce Development Coordinator, Vice President and Staff Assistants within the service area, to update and maintain divisional manuals.
- Coordinates work efforts and provides support to with Workforce Development Coordinator and other coordinators in the division to ensure timeliness and accuracy of key division projects. Also, provides support to Workforce Development Coordinator related to compiling travel information for Vice President for Workforce Innovation. Additionally, identify training and professional development opportunities that support continued growth as evidenced by the essential functions of the role. Lastly, serves as in a support role as it relates to social media for the Workforce Development Division.
- Assists in the planning and the execution of divisional meetings, trainings, and other activities which includes updating and maintaining divisional calendar in 25Live or other locations as appropriate, preparing agendas, distributing materials prior to an event, recording and distributing minutes and creating mailing lists with participant information. Also, provides support and leadership in the division’s use of DocuSign.
MINIMUM TRAINING/EXPERIENCE: Graduation from a standard high school or equivalency diploma and 4 years of progressively responsible secretarial and/or clerical experience. Combination of education and experience may substitute on a year for year basis. Preference given to applicants with 5 or more years of closely related experience.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING: Knowledge of TCC and Workforce Development division policies and procedures, including FERPA. Knowledge of windows operating system and Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) Knowledge of basic research methods and techniques, including internet research. Knowledge of conferences and events management. Skilled in operating a personal computer for word processing and information gathering. Skilled in time management and punctuality. Skilled in organization of written documents and proofreading, to include correct English language and grammar. Ability to accurately prepare and finalize detailed data reports and documents, of varying complexity levels, with minimal supervision. Ability to perform a variety of complex, difficult and multifaceted administrative support duties, requiring significant follow-up, follow through, and attention to detail. Ability to draft and type a variety of correspondence, memoranda, reports, statistical analyses, and other materials. Ability to communicate effectively verbally, and in writing, with others. Ability to multi-task, especially with constant interruptions. Ability to plan and coordinate work flow in an efficient manner. Ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision. Ability to exercise good judgment and analyze situations to determine the appropriate course of action. Ability to Prepare and maintain accurate and complete records and files. Ability to use and troubleshoot a photocopier, facsimile, telephone, and other office equipment. Work well under pressure and remain calm in stressful situations. Ability to demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of TCC’s students, faculty, staff, and community to communicate with all in a tactful and professional manner. Ability to work both independently and cooperatively and with others, as a member of a team. Ability to handle multi-line telephone systems and demonstrate proper telephone etiquette. Ability to perform the essential job functions listed.
Preference is given to veterans and spouses who are eligible under the Veterans' Preference Law. At time of application, submittal of Form DD214 is the minimum requirement for veterans' preference claim. Note: Please upload your DD214 as an attachment as part of your application at the time of submission.
***TCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/E-Verify Employer ***
The selected candidate identified for this position will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check, which may include fingerprinting.
The College uses E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires. Tallahassee Community College does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its programs and activities. Inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies may be directed to: Renae Tolson, Equity Officer, Room 239 Administration Building, 444 Appleyard Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32304, (850) 201-6074,Renae.Tolson@tcc.fl.edu.
All persons are encouraged to apply
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources at (850) 201-8510.
This position is located at 444 Appleyard Drive, Tallahassee, FL. View the Google Map in full screen.