Staff Assistant - P04044
Clerical and Administrative Support
To be considered, applications must be received by: October 14, 2021
TITLE: Staff Assistant
POSITION NO.: P04044
SECTION: Academic Affairs/Science and Mathematics
HIRING SALARY: $24,960.00 – $27, 336.16 annually; all salary calculations to start at the minimum salary
HOURS: 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M., Monday – Thursday;
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M., Friday
CONTACT: Human Resources (850) 201-8510 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
MAJOR FUNCTION: The Staff Assistant is housed within the Division of Science and Mathematics and reports directly to the Division’s Office Manager. The Staff Assistant performs a variety of clerical/secretarial and administrative support functions of moderate scope and complexity requiring exercising considerable judgment and initiative.
Primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as first contact to visitors and students in the Mathematics Provides information about services and operation of the areas and the division. Answers telephone and screens calls for full-time and adjunct faculty or takes messages. Refers callers to appropriate areas on campus.
- Performs general clerical work for the faculty, including but not limited to maintaining and updating syllabi, typing exams, letters of recommendation, etc. Notifies and follows up on instructors regarding material due.
- Generates office and teaching schedules, final exam schedules, delivers and picks up exams from the Testing Center and mail to other areas of the campus. Also, delivers textbook to faculty.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies, trains faculty on the print request system, handles all print shop requests for faculty and assists in monitoring of supply budgets for area.
- Prepares and processes forms including mail forms, print shop requests, supply orders, maintenance requests, and library requests. Distributes mail to full time and adjunct faculty and assists in setting up divisional and departmental meetings.
MINIMUM TRAINING/EXPERIENCE: Graduation from high school (standard high school or equivalency diploma) and four (4) years of secretarial and/or clerical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING: Knowledge and use of basic computer skills, email, and Microsoft Office 2016 (especially Microsoft Word and Excel programs). Working knowledge of personal computer and software. Ability to follow written instructions and oral instructions with limited supervision. Ability to work independently. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to plan, organize, and complete work assignments and projects. Ability to make independent judgments. Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, and public. Ability to use keyboard for long periods of time daily. Ability to collect, organize and present data. Strong interpersonal skills suitable and appropriate attire for a professional work environment.
Preference will be given to veterans and spouses who are eligible under the Veterans' Preference Law. At time of application, submittal of Form DD214 is the minimum requirement for veterans' preference claim. Note: Please upload your DD214 as an attachment as part of your application at the time of submission.
***TCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/E-Verify Employer ***
The selected candidate identified for this position will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check, which may include fingerprinting.
The College uses E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires. Tallahassee Community College does not discriminate against any person on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its programs and activities. Inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies may be directed to: Renae Tolson, Equity Officer, Room 239 Administration Building, 444 Appleyard Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32304, (850) 201-6074, email@example.com.
All persons are encouraged to apply.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources at (850) 201-8510.
This position is located at 444 Appleyard Dr., Tallahassee, FL. View the Google Map in full screen.