Assistant Professor - Pediatrics (Tenure Track), Department of Clinical Health Professions
COLLEGE OF PHARMACY AND HEALTH SCIENCES
Department of Clinical Health Professions
Assistant Professor - Pediatrics (Tenure Track)
St. John’s established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University’s outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John’s University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
Commitment to Inclusion
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John’s is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. Our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
The College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is seeking dynamic nurse educators for its anticipated undergraduate, pre-licensure nursing program. The proposed program will offer a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
The College is seeking a full-time, tenure-track faculty member qualified to teach clinical and didactic courses for a planned traditional 4-year baccalaureate nursing program. In this role, the successful candidate would work collaboratively with nursing colleagues and colleagues from other disciplines, maintain clinical practice competence, remain actively involved in professional organizations, maintain scholarship in their field, and actively seek opportunities for and participate in faculty governance.
The successful candidate is required to have a master’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution. Preference will be given to those with experience using instructional strategies for traditional, online instruction (hybrid etc.), simulation (high fidelity and virtual, etc.), and two years of teaching experience (didactic and clinical practice) with students in a college/university nursing program and evidence of continuous professional development.
- Teaching may include didactic as well as clinical courses using simulation, face to face, and some online instruction.
- Primary areas of emphasis include teaching experience in Pediatrics as well as willingness to teach other areas of nursing education, i.e., foundations, health assessment, and pathophysiology as needed.
- Administrative duties may include program recruitment, student advisement and mentorship, program evaluation activities and periodic curricular review and updates.
- Participate in curriculum development and evaluation.
- Evaluate student achievement of course objectives related to nursing knowledge and clinical practice.
- Advise/mentor to students enrolled in the nursing program.
- Fulfill the role of faculty member in teaching, scholarship and service.
- Assume other responsibilities or duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree (PhD, EdD or DNP) preferred.
- Master’s degree in nursing is required.
- Current clinical experience; national certification in specialty area of focus is preferred.
- Current licensure in good standing as a Registered Nurse (RN) in New York or eligibility for RN licensure in New York state.
- Experience teaching baccalaureate nursing students.
- Experience in academic leadership.
- Preference will be provided to candidates who demonstrate scholarship (e.g., publications, national presentations) and active participation in community and/or professional organizations.
All applications must be submitted online. A complete application must consist of:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement about your perspectives on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Contact information of three professional references
- Unencumbered nursing license/certifications
In compliance with NYC’s Pay Transparency Act, the annual salary range for this position is $110,000 - $114,000. St. John’s University considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
As a metropolitan university serving a diverse student population, our curriculum, scholarship, and school partnerships reflect a commitment to equity, advocacy, and diversity. We value candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to work in diverse urban settings and whose work demonstrates a dedication to equity and inclusion.
Click here to view the St. John's Faculty Brochure
St. John’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. I understand that any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John’s University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
This position is located at 8000 Utopia Parkway, Queens, NY. View the Google Map in full screen.