Budget and Administrative Coordinator
Administrative/Professional --> College of Pharmacy & Health Sci
St. John’s established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University’s outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John’s University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John’s is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Budget and Administrative Coordinator
Office of the Dean
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
St. John's University
Position Title: Budget and Administrative Coordinator
Position Function: The Coordinator will provide budget and administrative support for the Associate Dean for Administrative and Fiscal Affairs, and the Dean of the College.
Budget and Finance
- Prepare and process check requisitions and purchase requisitions for the Office of the Dean. ~250 requisitions annually. Reconcile and follow up on all expenses within the department. Assist and enter financial information in internal database and maintain all financial records for the College, ensure University’s required records-keeping policy is followed.
- On behalf of the Associate Dean, review all student travel reimbursement forms along with all receipts and documentations to ensure compliance with University’s travel and expense policies. Maintain all records and address any inquiries from University’s Accounts Payable and communicate with students regarding inquiries. Most demanding time for student reimbursement process occur during the months of November, December, January, March, April, May, and June. ~250 reports reviewed annually.
- On behalf of the Associate Dean, review all faculty and administrator’s travel reimbursement reports in Concur to ensure compliance with University’s travel and expense policies. Follow up with faculty and administrators regarding inaccurate submissions, missing required documentations, and any other issues that may arise.
- Prepares the Clinical Rotation payments for all clinical programs on an annual basis, including Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, Physical Therapy, and Nursing programs. Ensure all clinical sites are vendors in the University Banner system, follow up with sites for updated W-9, and other issues that may arise. Reconcile all payments and follow up with sites for any uncashed checks. ~$1M annually
- On behalf of the Associate Dean, prepare the Fiscal Year End processing and reconciliation during May and June. Coordinate with Department Chairs and Secretaries to ensure all expenses are accounted and accrued each year. Reconcile and follow up on all accrued expenses to ensure expenses are processed on a timely manner.
- Review and analyze the Dean’s Office’s operating budgets, process all budget transfers for the Associate Dean’s review and approval, prepare monthly budget reports for the Dean’s review, and identify budget usage trends that may impact overall spending.
- Enters all faculty assignments into Banner for all courses within the College. Ensuring the faculty assignments, changes, and additional requests are addressed on a timely manner, within one business day. ~380-400 CRNs per semester.
- Prepares and enters all part-time faculty (adjuncts) EPCFs into UIS for the Associate Dean’s approval. Work with Department Chairs to obtain the teaching and credit assignments. Maintain and analyze all part-time faculty expenditures. ~100 EPCFs/contracts per year.
- Prepares and enters all assistantship EPCFs into UIS for all graduate assistants within the College. Ensuring the students’ contracts, changes, and additional requests are addressed on a timely manner. Maintain and analyze all assistantship records for the College, including tuition credits and payments. ~150 EPCFs/contracts per year.
- Maintain all records of affiliation agreements for the College. Create and manage databases with contract expiration dates, primary contacts at the clinical sites, initiate agreement renewals, liaise with the Office of General Counsel for review/approvals of new agreements, and communicate with Program Directors and Clinical Coordinators to ensure compliance.
- Manage and oversee the scheduling of Sciarra Seminar room, ensures all facilities concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain all records for College’s archived documents, ensuring that needed files are obtained in a timely manner, ensuring that documents are properly prepared and recorded prior sending to Iron Mountain facilities.
- Manage all facilities issues including heating, cooling, cleaning, and any other issues that may arise. Update the Associate Dean of any issues that require additional actions.
- Order and maintain office supplies for the office. Process about 4-5 orders per month. Order and maintain US Coffee for the office as well as for the Office of Assessment.
- Troubleshoot the photocopier, maintain and order required supplies to ensure smooth operation of the equipment. If a problem arises, contacting and reporting the issues to the Vendor and Printing and Distribution and ensure the issues are addressed on a timely manner.
- Primary contact for all University assigned keys, completing request forms, ensuring that all keys are assigned to the correct person.
- Liaison with University Offices such as Printing & Distribution, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Facilities & Maintenance, Human Resources, General Counsel, Registrar, and Bursar.
- Assist the Associate Dean with special projects such as market analysis for new programs, data gathering of comparative institutions,
- Other duties as assigned by Associate Dean and Dean
- Earned Bachelor degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience with budget and planning.
- Working experience with MS Office and Banner required.
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Work independently with little direction and work well as a team member.
- Plan and organize work.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
All persons hired are required to be vaccinated and boosted against the COVID-19 virus, subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of applicable law.
This position may be relocated to any of St. John’s University’s physical locations at any time
St. John’s offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John’s performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John’s University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is located at 8000 Utopia Parkway, Queens, NY. View the Google Map in full screen.