Registrar - School of Law
Administrative/Professional --> Law School
St. John’s established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University’s outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John’s University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John’s is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Registrar - School of Law
Registrar will be responsible to supervise the Office of the Registrar so that it maintains University, ABA and national standards. Continually review processing to ensure office is meeting faculty and student needs as efficiently as possible. Monitor communications so they are as effective. Increase the use of technology and access to data within the Law School. Ensure that the Law School Registrar's Office continues to be an integral part of the Law School and a recognized partner within the University.
- Oversee the Office of the Registrar in the School of Law.
- Ensure that all operations run smoothly including the schedule, registration, exams, grading and graduation.
- Plan for future needs of the School of Law.
- Continually review business processing to maintain maximum efficiency.
- Review communications to ascertain information is being received effectively.
- Make certain that all processes conform to University policies and procedures.
- Meet with staff and other administrators to maximize communication and effectiveness in office.
- Supervise technological needs.
- Solely responsible for Namecoach software for graduation, Namecoachcourse in Canvas, SWR course in Canvas and Law School Electronic gradebook for setup and questions.
- Assist with Examsoft.
- Spearhead implementation of Banner advancements.
- Retrieve complex data from Access as necessary.
- Maintain and continue to improve exam database.
- Highest level of access to Banner and APEX to run processes and update key forms.
- Upload documents to Xtender or confidential folder in Xtender.
- Work with University Registrar's office to ensure that all degree requirements are coded correctly in Degree Works.
- Order electronic files from Iron Mountain.
- Resource for grading issues, student issues, registration issues, graduation issues, course issues, policy issues, and complex data requests.
- Responsible for class rank process and creation of academic calendar.
- Oversees the grading process. Resolution and notification of problems. Tracking outstanding grades. Identify grading populations for faculty. Monitor SWR, AS, APWR coding for not met.
- Direct Bar form processing and approval of applications to take the bar exam. Sign or electronically submit all forms.
- Represent the Law School Registrar's Office on the University Data Integrity committee, Banner implementation committees, Curriculum Committee, at National Network of Law School Officials monthly meetings and at the MCRAO yearly convention.
- Represent the Law School on the Coursedog implementation committee, the Transcript Scanning committee and the Integration and Business Transformation University committee.
All persons hired are required to be vaccinated and boosted against the COVID-19 virus, subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of applicable law.
St. John’s offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John’s performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John’s University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is located at 8000 Utopia Parkway, Queens, NY. View the Google Map in full screen.