Admissions Processing Assistant
St. John’s established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University’s outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John’s University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John’s is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Admission Processing Assistant
Department: Admission Operations
Reports to: Director of Admission Operations
The Admission Processing Assistant is critical to the day-to-day operations of the Admission Operations team, providing the application and data processing responsibilities of the Admission and Enrollment Management teams in order to meet strategic enrollment goals of the University.
- Evaluate and match high volumes of supplementary documents to the student record.
- Enter hundreds of inquiry cards into the Recruitment Database.
- Review application data for 100+ students on a daily basis. Make updates and match student records within our Integration software.
- Communicate in a professional manner to students, faculty, administrators and outside agencies. This includes but is not limited to communications via phone, email, electronic and written correspondence.
- Participate in Admission events on campus including Open House and Accepted Student Day.
- Search for documents from previous students in the Electronic Database. Store in the recruitment database.
- Understand University policies, procedures and current strategic plan for the critical success of achieving the enrollment goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail a must.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Prior University or Admission experience preferred.
- Familiarity with CRM database (SLATE), Banner ERP, Data Transfer/AXIOM and the Electronic Filing Cabinet (EFC) a plus.
- Must be able to work independently, take initiative, and work as a team member.
Required Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Prior University or Admission experience preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printers, fax machines, telephones, scanners, photocopiers, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; move about; sit; to carry work and use controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; communicate; The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the employee include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.. This position occasionally requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel may include occasional visits to the other NY campuses.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
“All persons hired are required to be vaccinated and boosted against the COVID-19 virus, subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of applicable law.”
St. John’s offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John’s performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John’s University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is located at 8000 Utopia Parkway, Queens, NY. View the Google Map in full screen.