Junior Project Manager
Administrative/Professional --> Facilities
St. John’s established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University’s outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John’s University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John’s is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Junior Project Manager
Division/Department: Facilities, Design & Construction
Job Description: The Project Manager will function as an active member of the Design & Construction department, managing medium scale construction projects and supporting senior members of the team.
We are looking for a creative individual who is passionate about the built environment, someone with good work ethic and a positive attitude.
· Support Project Directors/Project Managers with all project related activities on a daily basis
· Manage medium renovation and construction projects
· Perform site survey to verify all employees location and space allocation
· Compile data for management reports
· Execute furniture moves. Hand delivery may be required at times.
· Create graphic flyers for announcements/warning of construction etc.
· Coordinate vendors and sub-consultants
· Coordinate the competitive bidding and procurement process for assigned projects
· Analyze space requests and make recommendations for effective use
· Understand and interpret space planning and architectural concepts and drawings
· Provide support to Differed Maintenance team when appropriate
· Keep and update Furniture/Move Request Logs · Maintain, catalog and upkeep furniture storage room.
· Organize and maintain library; order samples including returns. Meet with vendors and stay current on new products.
· BA/BS required in related fields
· Two to Five years of project management experience
· Project management skills including planning and financial management
· Risk assessment capabilities
· Ability to work with mid-level administration and academic staff
· Problem identification and resolution skills
· Experience in budget management
· Working knowledge of building codes and standards
· Experience in handling multiple task and projects concurrently
· Architectural/Engineering or construction background required
· Effective communication and customer service skills as well as graphic and verbal presentation skills.
· Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and other planning tools
· Computer Skills of MS Office including MS Project
· Good knowledge of planning and design concept development
· Advanced knowledge of furniture systems, millwork and construction details · Working knowledge of material and furniture sourcing, costs, bid process, applicability. Experience in handling furniture specs, orders and installations.
· Ability to perform tasks and other responsibilities with minimum supervision
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Strong attention to details · Willingness to take on tasks big and small.
“All persons hired are required to be vaccinated and boosted against the COVID-19 virus, subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of applicable law.”
St. John’s offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John’s performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John’s University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is located at 8000 Utopia Parkway, Queens, NY. View the Google Map in full screen.