Director of Assessment
Administrative/Professional --> College of Pharmacy & Health Sci
St. John’s established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University’s outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John’s University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John’s is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Director of Assessment
The individual is an administrator in the Office of the Dean, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, and will report to the Executive Director of Assessment and Outcomes.
The individual directs and is responsible for day-to-day operations in the College’s Office of Assessment.
- Direct and manage the ongoing development of the Office of Assessment
- Direct the collection, management and analysis of all data related to the continuous quality improvement and assessment cycle of the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Lead on-going efforts to improve assessment data gathering and reporting and the wider use of college assessment management and data tools to support college planning, evaluation, operations and decision-making
- Manage the preparation and presentation of high-impact and influential assessment reports to drive improvement
- Partner with faculty in the design and execution of surveys and other evaluation instruments for use in faculty-led assessment initiatives and effectiveness evaluation projects
- Manage Office of Assessment’s ongoing research and publishing efforts
- Implement and administer procedures to enhance institutional effectiveness and efficiency
- Direct on-going efforts to improve assessment data gathering and reporting and the wider use of college assessment management and data tools to support college planning, evaluation, operations and decision-making
- Provide needed assistance to related committees and directors, with the planning and coordination of accreditation reporting databases and reporting systems for academic programs
- Direct the preparation and presentation of high-impact and influential assessment reports to drive improvement
- Direct the operations and maintenance of all assessment-related software and data systems
- Initiate, coordinate and evaluate all assessment efforts for all academic programs within the College
- Promote an institution-wide culture of assessment through consultation, instruction and guidance of stakeholders
- Collaborate with departments and academic programs in planning and conducting assessments of student learning, goals and outcomes for both internal and external purposes
- Manage and supervise administrative assessment personnel
- Manage collection of graduate student data and metrics
- Assist in the collection and management of Faculty Grant metrics
- Provide leadership to administrative staff in the efficient use of metadata for project management
- Assist and train Administrative staff in the use of University data systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate degree in relevant field required
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in higher education assessment; educational outcomes or assessment experience preferred
- Experience in directing an office of academic assessment preferred
- Highly developed technical skills, including experience with survey systems and statistical methodology
- Ability to collect, analyze and present data in a cohesive manner
- Strong ability to communicate assessment questions, findings and analysis in a clear and concise manner to inform stakeholders and drive decision making
- Ability to work collaboratively with institutional leaders, college faculty and other stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate on a high level
- Strong and effective organizational, leadership and management skills
- Experience with academic accreditation processes
- Must be highly developed organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects
- Must have the ability to lead an effective team
St. John’s offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John’s performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John’s University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is located at 8000 Utopia Parkway, Queens, NY. View the Google Map in full screen.