Associate Registrar - Law School
Administrative/Professional --> Law School
St. John’s established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University’s outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John’s University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John’s is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
The Associate Registrar supervises the exams process for all academic midterm and final exams and for all non-academic exams. They manage the grading process and ordering diplomas. They also oversee software programs utilized by students, faculty and administration of the School of Law. We are seeking a candidate who will also learn from the current Registrar over the course of the academic year and assume the role of Registrar upon the retirement of the current Registrar.
- Oversee the exam process for all academic and non-academic exams.
- Create the final exam schedule. Request IT to upload exam numbers.
- Update and maintain exam database.
- Run all exam reports necessary including export to Faculty Services.
- Cover evening midterm exams.
- Proof all exams in software.
- Proof all assignments of conflicts, LLM and extra time exams.
- Open exams for conflicts. Schedule makeup exams for finals.
- Hire new proctors and ensure adequate training. Create proctor schedules. Track and submit proctor time sheets.
- Assist with student questions. Assist with 1L exam training.
- Oversee grading process for midterm and final grades.
- Create, share and update grade status spreadsheet. Monitor missing grades, shadow grades, SWR, DAWD.
- Enter grades as necessary. Export grade sheets to professors.
- Answer faculty questions about Electronic Gradebook.
- Create Grading Populations spreadsheet and email to faculty.
- Calculate Dean's List and email students.
- Track Dean's Award and email students.
- Upload grade sheets to LSR OneDrive.
- Calculate equivalent rank, enter into table and Banner.
- Order diplomas and replacement diplomas processes.
- Request OnDemand dockets from Iron Mountain and upload to Xtender.
- Upload new faculty, staff, admin and students to Name Coach and to Canvas.
- Upload Sept, Jan and June graduates to Name Coach graduation page.
- Upload new students and faculty teaching paper courses to online Scholarly Writing course.
- Keep OSC updated.
- Keep registrar email out of office message updated.
- Manage SWR and DRRS applications and save to Registrar in OneDrive.
- Oversee scanning and uploading to Xtender.
- Learn responsibilities of Law School Registrar.
- MA/MS Required
- 3-5 years experience in registrar's office required
- Knowledge of Access and Excel preferred.
- Excellent technical skills and communication skills required.
- Customer Service skills necessary for dealing with students, staff and faculty.
“All persons hired are required to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of applicable law.”
St. John’s offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John’s performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John’s University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is located at 8000 Utopia Parkway, Queens, NY. View the Google Map in full screen.