Part-Time Social Media Assistant
St. John’s established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University’s outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John’s University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John’s is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Part-time Social Media Assistant
The part-time Social Media Assistant will develop and implement the Alumni social media strategy to raise brand awareness, safeguard its online reputation, generate inbound traffic, and enhance engagement efforts. He/she/they will devote time to researching and promoting alumni-focused content across Advancement-specific pages, as well as, executing and reinforcing ad campaigns across all social platforms. He/she/they will report to the Marketing and Communications Social Media Manager.
- Work closely with Social Media Manager to develop monthly/quarterly/yearly content plan to showcase alumni success stories, alumni events, and alumni pride.
- Create and schedule day-to-day content that educates and engages our audience as well as supports the University’s priorities.
- Research and source new alumni-driven content in collaboration with colleagues in Alumni Relations and Advancement
- Run ad campaigns to support Advancement’s giving initiatives throughout the year including President’s Dinner, SJYouGive and Endowed Scholarship funds
- Monitor budgets on a regular cadence to ensure campaigns are delivering in full.
- Provide strategic recommendations, or direction on given initiatives, identify key messages or value propositions and the communicate findings to the rest of the team.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about the University, its community, and existing campaigns or initiatives.
- Generate consistent traffic and leads from our social networks to University websites.
- Perform quality assurance for all social media platforms; monitor community posts, identify those of concern, and alert appropriate SJU offices.
- Gather and analyze analytics on how content is performing. Share recommendations based on findings with Social Media Manager and Digital Team
- Work with Advancement’s Account Director on a weekly basis to prioritize requests and content that is submitted in basecamp.
- Identify and engage social influencers for social-specific content.
- Provide on-site/real-time coverage for a limited selection of priority alumni events and post updates on social from events
- Must have 3-5+ years of experience with social media and ad management
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
- Advance knowledge of paid Facebook and LinkedIn Ads. This includes building, optimizing, and reporting. Google Ad knowledge is appreciated, but not required.
- eCommerce and Lead gen experience
- Advance knowledge of key metrics such as ROAs, conversion rate, CPA/CPL, CTR and CPM.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
“All persons hired are required to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of applicable law.”
St. John’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is located at 8000 Utopia Parkway, Queens, NY. View the Google Map in full screen.