St. John's University is an equal opportunity employer.
A dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Consistent with its mission as a Catholic, Vincentian, and Metropolitan institution of higher education, St. John's University abides by all applicable federal, state, and local laws, which prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality or ethnic origin, age, sex (including sexual harassment and sexual violence), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, citizenship, status as a victim of domestic violence, genetic predisposition or carrier status, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States (including veteran status) or any other characteristics prohibited by law. The University also abides by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities. The University's policy of non-discrimination extends to employment opportunities, admission of students to its programs, and to the administration of its educational policies, scholarships, and loan programs, athletics and other institutionally administered programs or activities generally made available to students at the University.
Keaton Wong, Director of Employee Relations, Compliance and Title IX Coordinator, serves as the Title IX Coordinator for the University. Office is located on the Queens campus, at the Office of Human Resources, University Center, and can be contacted at 718-990-2660 or email@example.com. Jackie Lochrie, Associate Dean of Student Services, serves as Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Student Affairs. The office is located on the Queens campus at Bent Hall, Garden Level-Judiciary Suite-17C, and can be contacted at 718-990-6568 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries concerning Title IX's application to St. John's University may be referred to Ms. Wong. Inquiries may also be referred to the Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights.
- I the undersigned (including electronic signature or transmission), hereby apply for employment with St. John's University. If I am offered a position, I agree to abide by all the policies, rules, and regulations of the University.
- Should I be offered a position, I understand that St. John's University may communicate with current and/or former employers and educational institutions for references and I authorize the release of information relating to my employment or education to St. John's University or its agents and representatives.
- I understand that any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
- I understand and agree that neither this application nor any written or oral communication by a St. John's University representative shall constitute an employment contract. If I am offered a position, I may be asked to sign an agreement setting forth the terms of my employment.
- I hereby declare that my answers to the above questions are complete and true, and I understand that any false or incomplete statements are sufficient cause for rescission of any offer of employment and/or disciplinary action, including, but not limited to termination of employment.