Information Software Lead
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business. Founded in 1926, we continue to be an industry leader in providing products and solutions used in all industrial automation assembly, manufacturing, and commercial & contractor applications.
Irby Electric continues to be one of the largest electrical distribution companies in the southeastern region of the United States, with a geographical footprint of 28 branches, spanning 7 states, composed of over 400 highly dedicated associates. Our business has experienced incredible growth in recent years due to our focused business strategy, digital transformation, and customer-focused solutions. As an operating company of the Sonepar USA family, we unite with a group of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.”
The Information Software Business Development Lead (BDL) will be the technical liaison with Rockwell Automation’s Software businesses and adjacent partner software offerings and act as a trusted partner to the aligned Rockwell Automation Business Units (BUs), providing local market intelligence and constructive customer feedback. The Information Software BDL will be responsible for annual planning, forecasting, and driving the business strategy to accelerate growth in the Software business and serve as the key driver in consulting business, services, and associated automation hardware and software offerings, inclusive of Rockwell Automation and the broader Partner Network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be able to articulate the value of the entire portfolio of Information Software products and services, utilizing outcome based selling strategies at all customer levels
- Understand market trends, business drivers, KPIs, competing forces, and collaborate with Irby and Rockwell Automation sales teams to provide customer solutions.
- Rely upon the support of Automation Specialists for the core software offerings (i.e., Historian, View, AssetCentre) while owning the IoT, Analytics, AR, CMMS, and other XaaS products both technically and commercially.
- Leads the commercial introduction of new products and services including setting business targets and goals, drive marketing efforts, and coordinate sales engagements.
- Develop and implement a competency plan to ensure that Inside sales, Account Managers, and Specialists are adequately prepared to maximize market share and profitability for software technology in their assigned territory.
- Develop a core group of partner System Integrators to sell Information Software with.
- Consult and advise customers on proposals and pricing strategies.
- Guide customers on the proper installation and configuration of core products, modernizations, and conversion to upgraded technology.
- Provide pre-sale and post-sale support while appropriately leveraging Remote Support and Authorized Services (ASP).
- Build and maintain trusted customer relationships, while understanding the different personas within the customer (e.g., buyer vs influencer) as well as their business drivers.
- Develop, create, and implement account and territory plans, campaigns, and commercial programs for new and existing business.
- Interface with Rockwell Automation’s Business Leaders and Technical Consultants to facilitate the resolution of quality and delivery issues when necessary and provide feedback to the appropriate Rockwell Automation team relative to product or service gaps, as well as opportunities.
- Serve as a domain expert for this portfolio of products and services, maintaining and building technical and sales competency thru both formal and informal training, as well as regular product updates and team meetings.
- Lead and support customer-facing meeting and product events.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer and sales requests, including outside of normal business hours.
- Travel as required within assigned geography including overnight, and to training and other events nationally for up to two weeks annually.
- Acknowledge and maintain compliance with applicable Sonepar, Irby, and Rockwell Automation policies.
- Four year degree or equivalent combination skills, experience, or education.
- 5 years’ experience with Rockwell Automation’s Information Software products and applications or equivalent experience with competitive products and solutions. (for Senior level; 1.5 to 5 years for Level II; 1 year for Level I)
- Ability to create professional proposals from customer specifications, and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Good technical writing, presentation, and communications skills with the ability to present topics to groups of customers and internal peers. Ability to converse in additional languages, especially Spanish, desirable.
- Ability to determine data trends and utilize the information in the decision-making process.
- Demonstrates professional selling skills, e.g., prospecting, negotiation techniques, preparing for professional meetings, handling customer objections, gaining committed customer relationships.
- Willingness to continuously learn and improve technical and commercial competencies.
- Outcome-based sales experience with an understanding of the important business drivers (key factors and activities that drive the operational and financial results) for industrial customers.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Information Software and terminology, especially as it relates to industrial applications.
This position is located at 2341 North Range St, Dothan, AL. View the Google Map in full screen.