Asset Reliability Specialist
Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with nearly $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cities such as Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis, and Oklahoma City.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
Focuses on Remanufacture, Repair, Reliability, PMA logistics, Customer Reporting & Embedded support – direct functional logistics and delivery interface for district MOU’s & Contracts. Maintains Rockwell Channel Asset Management Program, Data Base Management, Reliability Data Collection & Reporting, pick up, and delivery of repair/reman units. Manages embedded delivery engagement which consists of storeroom contracts, PMA audits & maintenance, VMI replenishments & maintenance. Responsible for National and Key Accounts storeroom management. Functions as a resource to consolidate VMI assisting the customer with purchasing methodology, reduce stocking units, consolidation and market basket pricing. RA Storeroom Contract Services resource for RA Asset Management CHAMP & RAAMP, IBE, and PMA promotion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired by being familiar with products sold in the department by use, vendor, location in the warehouse, catalog and catalog number, other reference materials, and special selling points.
- Identifies and uses the appropriate company and customer pricing systems.
- Establishes or improves relationships with customers to better understand sales territory, schedule and customer needs by phone and customer visits.
- Talks with customers by phone or in person to receive orders for products.
- Calls on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Solicits sale of new or additional products.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
- Coordinates local agreements.
- Provides oral and written quotations or estimates of prices, terms, and delivery for standard, complex or non-standard merchandise.
- Prepares cash or charge sales tickets with required identification, necessary information for the customer, merchandise, price, and sales tax status for processing, shipment and delivery of merchandise promptly. Follows up with any specific record-keeping requirements.
- Estimates date of delivery to the customer, based on knowledge of own firm's delivery schedules.
- Assists in customer credit issues as directed.
- Reviews complaints concerning billing or products sold, referring complaints to designated departments for investigation and resolution.
- Prepares correspondence and reports necessary for business transactions.
- Keeps a careful, accurate and daily record of expenses to be reimbursed and submitted timely.
- Formulate, develop and execute account development and sales by account. Submit reports as required.
- Work with Purchasing Dept. to resolve any potential inventory obsolesce problems as directed.
- Sell and promote branch and company-wide promotions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, blueprints, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from small groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to perform math functions representative of the job such as; addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and metric scales; computing rate, ratio, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs; calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and proportions.
- Ability to develop and present specialized instruction concerning the specific high-tech equipment in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from an accredited two-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is located at 1284 Heil Quaker Blvd, La Vergne, TN. View the Google Map in full screen.