Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cities such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Salt Lake City, Minneapolis and Oklahoma City.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
The Project Administrator position is responsible completing administrative work for Irby Utility Project Services Group, PSG. PSG packages construction materials for power utility projects with utility contractors, E.P.C firms and renewable energy developers. The position will support the project manager team by completing required tasks in the project execution phase. This support includes all after sales responsibilities: order entry, expediting, preparing submittals, load customer pays apps, and project file management. The support goal is to enable project managers and estimators to focus on customer needs by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Enters orders on suppliers in the Irby Solar Eclipse ERP system.
- Interfaces with the job management and project tracking systems to take ownership and complete assigned tasks.
- Expedite materials on suppliers to meet required on-site dates. This includes an ability to understand when to escalate and order expedite.
- Communicate information to customers in a concise, professional manner.
- Utilize tools used by the Project Services Team to organize our opportunities, manage the project in the system, and insure payment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and how to escalate when required.
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and adobe.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Technical learning: quick study on using technology in support of sales process.
- Must be a team player!
- Preferred minimum 3 years industry or distributor sales experience is desired. (5+ years business experience in the Utility Industry market desired)
- Eclipse knowledge is a major plus.
Must be proficient in MS Office- Will work in Excel and Adobe writer all day. Ability to send outlook meeting requests, update calendars, and update meeting minutes.
Strong written and verbal communication skills- flexible in communication methods will speak to linemen, procurment managers, truck drivers, Upper Management.
Ability to take direction from multiple Project Managers- Will support 7 Project Managers
Strong organizational skills- will expedite 20+ projects at once.
Previous experience in utility material coordinating and purchasing is a plus.
Experience with expediting material, working with manufacturers, contractors and/ or engineers.
Experience working with freight carriers
This position is located at 1931 Georgetown Road, Hudson, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.