Call Center Specialist
Irby Utilities is one of the three largest electrical utility distribution companies in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over 500 employees across more than 45 branches in 27 states. Irby Utilities has experienced incredible growth over the past five years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Salt Lake City, Portland and Minneapolis.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
At Irby, we rely on knowledgeable professionals to interact with our valued customers when they have questions or concerns. We’re looking for a highly skilled call center representative to join our team, managing a high volume of inbound and outbound calls. The ideal candidate is a quick learner who can memorize scripts and adapt them as needed as issues arise during a call. He or she will be handling a variety of important supportive tasks, providing answers, insights, instructions, and purchase assistance. As the voice of our company, the call center rep must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and enthusiasm for helping consumers and driving satisfaction.
- Answering or making calls to clients to learn about and address their needs, complaints, or other issues with products or services.
- Responding efficiently and accurately to callers, explaining possible solutions, and ensuring that clients feel supported and valued.
- Engaging in active listening with callers, confirming or clarifying information and resolving client issues as needed in a calm, professional manner.
- Building lasting relationships with clients and other call center team members based on trust and reliability.
- Utilizing software, databases, scripts, and tools appropriately.
- Understanding and striving to meet or exceed call center metrics while providing excellent, consistent customer service.
- Making sales or recommendations for products or services that may better suit client needs.
- Taking part in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of company and position.
- Processing forms, orders, and applications requested by customers.
- Identifying and escalating priority issues and reporting to high-level management.
- Routing inbound calls to the appropriate resources.
- Following up on complicated customer calls where required.
- Completing call notes and call reports as necessary and updating them in the CRM.
- Obtaining and evaluating all relevant data to handle complaints and inquiries.
- Documenting details of comments, inquiries, complaints, and actions taken.
- Managing administration, communicating, and coordinating with internal departments.
- In-depth knowledge of the department’s and/or company’s products and/or services.
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- More education or experience may be preferred.
- Exceptional customer service ability, including active listening and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially CRM software, and strong data entry and typing skills.
- Strong time management and decision making skills.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications.
- 1-3 years of experience in a call center environment
- Knowledge and proven application of customer service practices and principles.
- Experience in dealing with the public.
- Ability to work with others in a close manner and in fast-paced environments.
- Troubleshooting skills, either basic or advanced, depending on the role and industry
This position is located at 6149 Getty Drive, Sherwood, AR. View the Google Map in full screen.