Sr. Project Manager - Internal Projects
Sales --> Sales Management
Irby Utilities is one of the three largest electrical utility distribution companies in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over 500 employees across more than 45 branches in 27 states. Irby Utilities has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cities such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Salt Lake City, and Minneapolis.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
The Project Manager is responsible for the documentation, organization, and status of Irby’s various internal operational and information technology projects from the initial ideation through to completion. Through communication and collaboration with key corporate and regional associates, this role will establish timelines, record deliverables, set reminders and schedule meetings to facilitate project completion. The project manager will identify and eliminate redundant activities and communication silos to promote efficiency and business stakeholder engagement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and manage a shared project site for tracking of all project activity.
- Determine and define project scope, objectives, and associated timelines.
- Develop and manage detailed project schedules and work plans.
- Assign tasks to appropriate project team member and record deliverables.
- Monitor progress and adjust schedules and assignments as needed.
- Direct project traffic to appropriate stakeholders through introductions and meeting facilitation.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Evaluate best practices and apply project management methodologies to each project.
- May facilitate self-directed work teams, provide training in core skill areas to teams and peers, and interact with internal and external customers with respect to project planning and problem resolution.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and at least four years related experience. and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Additional Desired Skills / Experience
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and set priorities.
- Six Sigma or LEAN Certification.
This position is located in Dallas. View the Google Map in full screen.